OT - March Madness Book | Syracusefan.com

OT - March Madness Book

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Thought folks on this board - who are obviously passionate about college hoops - might be interested in this new book. It's called Madness: The Ten Most Memorable NCAA Basketball Finals. It was co-written by Charles Paikert, a Syracuse native and Le Moyne graduate, who has been a Financial Reporter and also did work for Sports Illustrated and wrote text for the History of Professional Basketball exhibit at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

Madness: The Final Four Book

Spoiler alert: no Syracuse games make the Top 10, but two are featured in the "consolation" section.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll certainly pick that one up. A couple others I enjoyed:

A March to Madness by John Feinstein and When March Went Mad by Seth Davis (yeah, him) about the seasons and build up to the 1979 title game between Magic and Bird

Spoiler alert: no Syracuse games make the Top 10, but two are featured in the "consolation" section.
One point of dispute.
Last season's Nova-UNC final MUST be among the top 10 all time...not on the consolation list.
And I'd also argue for '08 Kansas-Memphis.
Both games better than Duke-Butler and '75 final of UCLA-Kentucky (in fact, the old time Final Four "consolation" game featuring a team in orange was better than the '75 final).
Can only assume that's in because it was John Wooden's finale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom