OT - Maryland | Syracusefan.com

OT - Maryland

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Just wondering if anyone knows how and why Maryland became a powerhouse this year in the Big 10? I remember thinking what a mess it was going to be replacing 5 transfers - the Terps players were leaving en masse after last year. I know Turgeon got some experienced transfers in Pack from North Carolina AT&T, Smotrycz from Michigan and 3 freshman who are doing well.

Is the Big 10 that weaker than the ACC ? Did Maryland upgrade their roster despite all the transfers last year? They had players transfer to Texas, Va Tech, Oregon St, USF and Georgia Tech in a single year. Very strange and pretty amazing.

They did have a plethora of transfers last year, and living in the Northern VA/DC/Suburban MD region, I hear all about the crappy team from the north... Their fan base is still amazed at how well they are doing, the sports media still isn't sure how it happened... Dez Wells is a beast, and their PG is being heralded as a potential lottery pick this year, though he's just a freshman... I suppose it was addition by subtraction as to how they have achieved the record they have thus far... Not sure Turgeon is really that good a coach, but maybe I'm mistaken... Big 10 isn't that strong either, IMO... Mich St is down, Michigan still not Fab 5 90's, Ohio St not that strong, Indiana is up and down, PSU & Rutgers are both abysmal, and I'm sure I've missed quite a few teams, but I don't really care about them or anything to do with that school whose fan base makes WVU, VT, and TX fan bases seem pleasant and hospitable... Screw Maryland is my point, I guess...

Wells is a load to handle. I think he was a transfer from Xavier who had discipline problems had XU.

Wells is a matchup nightmare and Trimble has been a surprise and surpassed all expectations. Their win against Iowa St earlier in the year caught the attention of a lot of people but they'll struggle to make the second weekend in March.