OT -- Men's soccer earns NCAA berth | Syracusefan.com

OT -- Men's soccer earns NCAA berth

This on top of the women's field hockey team making the final 4, right?

Say what you will about Doc Gross, but he has really elevated the quality and success of our non-revenue sports. Our lack of attention to them during the end of Jake's tenure was embarassing, quite honestly.

The men's soccer team earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1984. They'll play Cornell on Thursday. The winner takes on Virginia Commonwealth.

Bracket
That's awesome

I'd like us to advance to play VCU seeing as I have a couple friends on that VCU team.

The men's soccer team earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1984. They'll play Cornell on Thursday. The winner takes on Virginia Commonwealth.

Bracket
At least 3 local kids as freshman play, including 2 from Baldwinsville, one of whom is the keeper who is likely a future pro, maybe in Europe.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Say what you will about Doc Gross, but he has really elevated the quality and success of our non-revenue sports. Our lack of attention to them during the end of Jake's tenure was embarassing, quite honestly.
Gross is just waiting on Marrone. When it's clear that we're back, Gross reaches greatness status.

The Big East must be a soccer powerhouse as its teams are seeded:
1) Notre Dame
3) G'Town
4) UConn
7) Marquette
10) Louisville

There's also some major discrepancy between the seeds and the coaches poll. The poll ranks Akron (17-1-2) #1 while Notre Dame (16-3-1) is #7. Not sure how the whole collegiate soccer system works.

In any event, SU plays Cornell at 7 p.m. Thursday at Berman Field. Cornell is the Ivy League champion and has only one loss. The Big Red have the nation's leading scorer in forward Daniel Harber.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, this Final Four will be held in beautiful Hoover, Alabama.

I was happy to find out the mens soccer team has been packing the soccer stadium for some of their games ( about 1600) actually very good by college soccer terms

I believe mens cross country is among 31 qualifying schools who will run in the NCAA championships this weekend.

Shaping up to be another high finish in the directors cup for us. Very glad to hear it.

That's fantastic news, didn't the tennis team get like the #1 female recruit from California recently as well?

The man knows how to hire. Oh, except for that guy who likes to read nursery bed time stories at press conferences. But overall, the guy has upgraded, or is in the process of upgrading, pretty much every Olympic sport we have.

I was happy to find out the mens soccer team has been packing the soccer stadium for some of their games ( about 1600) actually very good by college soccer terms
Was at the ND BE quarterfinal game a couple of weeks ago. Very nice crowd on a cold night.

ND is really good. SU has a nice blend of vets and youngsters...I think they will be very good in 3 or 4 years, already borderline top 25.

Was at the ND BE quarterfinal game a couple of weeks ago. Very nice crowd on a cold night.

ND is really good. SU has a nice blend of vets and youngsters...I think they will be very good in 3 or 4 years, already borderline top 25.

He had Hartwick in the top 15 a few years without the benefit of being able to hand out scholarships and being a small school with limited athletic facilities (aside from one of the nicest soccer fields in the country). No reason why he can't really excel at Syracuse.

Those games are fun. Lots of SU bballers in attendance.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom