OT: men's team handball | Syracusefan.com

OT: men's team handball

stuckinbig11

All American
I had never seen anyone play this before--just caught it on MSNBC. It is an interesting game. Has anyone ever played it in the U.S. ? Did we even enter a team? If team handball can be an Olympic sport, why not lacrosse?

Because no one plays lacrosse besides us and Canada. Lacrosse has to be so far down the list of potential added Olympic sports. If you think people complained about no competition in baseball, wait until they watched us play lacrosse.

isnt handball played in every PE class?

I played it at least dozens times, I find it so weird that there is such an uproar of people talking about never seeing it in the US.

this is a wild guess, but handball is probably a more popular sport than mens gymnastics.

Loved playing handball in gym in high school.

A friend of mine from work, who is a former D1AA and semi-pro football player, played team handball after college. There are club teams that play all over the US, from my understanding, most made up of guys who love the sport but have day jobs too. It's kind of like the cult of ultimate frisbee. It's out there everywhere, but no one knows it's there unless they play it or know someone who plays it. My friend was trying to qualify for the US team many years back but popped his achilles. End of the dream.

And I also remember playing it in HS. It's a great game.

Team Handball was the sport that in my high school everyone would go try out for it for Empire State Games. No one having ever played. Every year 3-4 guys would make it. It was the hidden secret to getting to play in Empires and chase girls for a week.

I won the bronze.

I went to law school with the longtime goalie of the USMNT.

Team Handball was the sport that in my high school everyone would go try out for it for Empire State Games. No one having ever played. Every year 3-4 guys would make it. It was the hidden secret to getting to play in Empires and chase girls for a week.

I won the bronze.

You personally won the bronze in a team sport? That is awesome! ;)

I caught that Iceland-Hungary handball game and vowed I'd never seen the game before. Looks like water polo without the danger of getting a muggie. I have played water polo (Calif.), but if I did play handball in grade school (N.Y.), I've repressed the memories.-VBOF

I won the bronze.

Exactly. We played all the time in gym class. I was trying out for the Empire State games team and rolled my ankle, ended up with a hairline fracture. Great sport! Weak ankles.

Badminton, table tennis, and handball are the only official sports in which the U.S. has never won a medal.
--NBCOlympics.com

I had never seen anyone play this before--just caught it on MSNBC. It is an interesting game. Has anyone ever played it in the U.S. ? Did we even enter a team? If team handball can be an Olympic sport, why not lacrosse?

Handball = Dodgeball with a preselected last man standing:bat:

Badminton, table tennis, and handball are the only official sports in which the U.S. has never won a medal.
--NBCOlympics.com
challenge accepted!

I won the bronze.

Ha! I was about to make a similar post.

Except for winning the bronze.

Handball was the sport you tried out for when politics or skill kept you from making empires in hoops or lax. 2-3 guys from my HS made the handball team in Empires each year.

Because no one plays lacrosse besides us and Canada. Lacrosse has to be so far down the list of potential added Olympic sports. If you think people complained about no competition in baseball, wait until they watched us play lacrosse.
South Korea has a U18 lacrosse team that I played around with during my year there.. They weren't to bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom