OT - Mountaineer Slayer Black India Ale | Syracusefan.com

OT - Mountaineer Slayer Black India Ale

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
I don't throw my hobby out here a lot (other than the avatar) but I did want to mention that this is the first time I am honoring a game with a specific brew after the game. Black India Ales are "new" style and Saturday I felt compelled to try something different. The way that Syracuse had just trounced a long-standing rival told me it had to be done.

This should be available for the enjoyment for any Orange fans that can make it to Pitt. It also feels right that that it would be first enjoyed there, as we are not really WVU's rival, we are like that brother of twins that always fight. We enjoy laughing at their vitriol toward each other, and yet we want to kick their asses at every chance.

For Beer Nerds:

OG 1.068
IBUs 80+

I don't throw my hobby out here a lot (other than the avatar) but I did want to mention that this is the first time I am honoring a game with a specific brew. Black India Ales are "new" style and Saturday I felt compelled to try something different. The way that Syracuse had just trounced a long-standing rival, I knew it had to be done.

This should be available for the enjoyment for any Orange fans that can make it to Pitt.

For Beer Nerds:

OG 1.068
IBUs 80+

How does that translate to ABV? 7% ?

Sounds great

I don't throw my hobby out here a lot (other than the avatar) but I did want to mention that this is the first time I am honoring a game with a specific brew after the game. Black India Ales are "new" style and Saturday I felt compelled to try something different. The way that Syracuse had just trounced a long-standing rival told me it had to be done.

This should be available for the enjoyment for any Orange fans that can make it to Pitt. It also feels right that that it would be first enjoyed there, as we are not really WVU's rival, we are like that brother of twins that always fight. We enjoy laughing at their vitriol toward each other, and yet we want to kick their asses at every chance.

For Beer Nerds:

OG 1.068
IBUs 80+

Don't know much about IBUs ... but come the Dec matchup you might want to ensure you pack some BTUs in that beer :)

For Beer Nerds:

OG 1.068
IBUs 80+

I would love to try one.

Sounds like a high gravity ale, but what makes a "Black India" ale different?

Are you using a India Pale Ale recipe, but adding dark malt for color?

Sounds like a high gravity ale, but what makes a "Black India" ale different?

Are you using a India Pale Ale recipe, but adding dark malt for color?

Basically.

British Chocolate, Special B and 120-lovibond crystal malt were different than my standard IPA.

Post the recipe, this home brewer would also like to take a shot at that recipe!

Good idea, BTW. I have tried brewing beers in honor of the 'cuse but have not been inspired with great names. What I really need is an orange hued ale called Jimmy Beerheim.

I'm hoping to make the trip out to that game again (went two years ago). If so, I'm so down to try some. Sounds goods.