OT: NBA All Star Game | Syracusefan.com

OT: NBA All Star Game

longislandcuse

Living Legend
The NBA All Star Game is so unbelievably well done. Year in, year out, it is a star studded, well choreographed spectacle. There's always so much buzz and energy surrounding this event. Even if you're not an NBA guy, you have to admit, All Star Weekend is pretty cool.

Steph Curry is so filthy.

On their run in the tournament they were playing Kansas in the Elite 8 with last possession and a chance to win. I think he was triple teamed and some other guy took the final shot and bricked it hard. Imo he should have taken the shot no matter how many guys or how far away.

On their run in the tournament they were playing Kansas in the Elite 8 with last possession and a chance to win. I think he was triple teamed and some other guy took the final shot and bricked it hard. Imo he should have taken the shot no matter how many guys or how far away.
I'm borderline thinking he's the best player in the NBA right now. I think you have to include him in the Lebron/KD convo.

longislandcuse said:
I'm borderline thinking he's the best player in the NBA right now. I think you have to include him in the Lebron/KD convo.

And Anthony Davis. I personally think Lebron is the best player that ever lived but if you took any of the other three guys, KD, AD or Curry and said they were #2, I really couldn't argue against any of them.

Obviously many of us are pro-Melo here, but there is no way the Knicks or NBA wanted to have the ASG in MSG and not have someone from the Knicks involved. It's a non-story that became one just for the sake of generating clicks. If the Knicks were in the playoff hunt and he was doing this, it would be worth discussing.

It's not Melo's responsibility to play because people bought tickets and the rest of the team is garbage- that's on management. I hope for his sake, he gets his surgery and focuses on getting back for next year.

Melo getting burned on social media
Meh, he got flamed this morning for playing so much and shutting it down after but it's just a buzz topic and a shallow on at that. Melo himself said that he's been told it can't get worse but won't get better until he fixes it. This was the ASG at MSG and his last time playing this year. People need to chill about this topic. We get it, he's a Knick and it's cool to flame the Knicks, but this is a non-story.

Meh, he got flamed this morning for playing so much and shutting it down after but it's just a buzz topic and a shallow on at that. Melo himself said that he's been told it can't get worse but won't get better until he fixes it. This was the ASG at MSG and his last time playing this year. People need to chill about this topic. We get it, he's a Knick and it's cool to flame the Knicks, but this is a non-story.

Mostly the 6-20

That All-Star game was embarrassing. I don't mind having fun but the first 3 quarters it wasn't basketball. The SNL 40 reunion got my attention. I don't think they need to foul or anything but atleast give an effort.

The NBA should go with fantasy draft idea or make the winners purse more. I don't expect intensity or big effort but a game in the 120's rather than the 150-160's.
The only good Allstar game is the MLB one.

The NBA All Star Game is so unbelievably well done. Year in, year out, it is a star studded, well choreographed spectacle. There's always so much buzz and energy surrounding this event. Even if you're not an NBA guy, you have to admit, All Star Weekend is pretty cool.

Maybe I sound like a senior citizen by saying this, but I preferred the All-Star game when it was on NBC back in the 90s, came on Sunday mid-afternoon, and they just showed the game and not all the bells and whistles. I just don't need concerts to be entertained - the greatest basketball talent on the face of the Earth is entertaining enough.

never even thought of turning it on for one second

That All-Star game was embarrassing. I don't mind having fun but the first 3 quarters it wasn't basketball. The SNL 40 reunion got my attention. I don't think they need to foul or anything but atleast give an effort.

The NBA should go with fantasy draft idea or make the winners purse more. I don't expect intensity or big effort but a game in the 120's rather than the 150-160's.
MLB has no contact so they can actually just play. Football and Basketball would be ridiculous if they went all out.

Maybe I sound like a senior citizen by saying this, but I preferred the All-Star game when it was on NBC back in the 90s, came on Sunday mid-afternoon, and they just showed the game and not all the bells and whistles. I just don't need concerts to be entertained - the greatest basketball talent on the face of the Earth is entertaining enough.

Agreed. I hate "spectacles".

As far as I know they don't throw a few games of 21 into the middle of concerts, so keep that BS little kids popular songs garbage out of my basketball game!

I can't imagine anyone sits and watches the entire All Star game. It always reminds me of the last open gym run(just with NBA superstars), when the game loses intensity and focus, people stop running back and playing D and start taking stupid shots...I hate that game. In fact, I would typically walk off and leave as soon as it got like that.

I'll watch the first 5 minutes of the ASG, and then maybe tune back in at the end if it's close. All Star Weekend is all about Saturday Night, and the 3 point competition is typically the best event.

The ASG is cool to have on in the background. I was watching it here and there. Some of the stuff Steph Curry did last night was absurd.

The ASG is cool to have on in the background. I was watching it here and there. Some of the stuff Steph Curry did last night was absurd.

Yeah. This is the way I look at it. No one is going to go 100%, but you can still see some awesome plays.

The dunk contest was excellent this year - Victor Oladipo and especially this kid Zach Lavine are just athletic freaks of nature.

And props to Dr. J for taking like 30 seconds longer than the rest of the 4 judges to finally decide on his score each time.

Curry is channeling Pistol Pete type technique in his game. He can get a shot off from anywhere vs anyone and anytime. His stature does not impede his ability to get clean looks over 6'9" freak athletes with condor like wing spans. I think he is going to usher in an entire new era of basketball as the kids growing up now will be implementing his genius into their games at very young ages.

Power dunks and things of that sort will never go away, but putting dudes on skates and then drilling shot after shot over bigger opposition could open up the game at the highest levels to different types of athletes.

MLB has no contact so they can actually just play. Football and Basketball would be ridiculous if they went all out.

Pete Rose broke a dude's leg diving into home plate. I always thought this was the ultimate dick move but somehow the guy has been lauded for the all out hustle he exhibited even in exhibitions . I personally have no problem with the hustle at all times as long as you aren't ending dude's careers in meaningless games. He should get much more for this than he does betting on baseball.

The dunk contest was excellent this year - Victor Oladipo and especially this kid Zach Lavine are just athletic freaks of nature.

And props to Dr. J for taking like 30 seconds longer than the rest of the 4 judges to finally decide on his score each time.
BTW, Zach LaVine averaged only 9 points a game at UCLA last year before leaving for the NBA. Super athletic but I'm not sure it has translated yet to actual good court play. Wow did he look like a young high school kid or what?

BTW, Zach LaVine averaged only 9 points a game at UCLA last year before leaving for the NBA. Super athletic but I'm not sure it has translated yet to actual good court play. Wow did he look like a young high school kid or what?

I personally had never heard of him prior to the dunk contest.

The TWolves traded Mo Williams to get him more court time..so they like him a little, still backing up Rubio though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom