OT- NBA Dunk Contest | Syracusefan.com

OT- NBA Dunk Contest

It's 'awful' because guys need to try new and creative ways to dunk. Back in the day when the dunk contest was 'good', it was because dunks like simply windmills and 360's were a big deal. Nowadays, it's eh.

And those dunks by Faried and Bledsoe were awesome just now.

It's 'awful' because guys need to try new and creative ways to dunk. Back in the day when the dunk contest was 'good', it was because dunks like simply windmills and 360's were a big deal. Nowadays, it's eh.

And those dunks by Faried and Bledsoe were awesome just now.

Exactly.

Way too many rules. Keep it simple, stupid. You have to love Chuck though.

This sums it up:

Near the end, Barkley said, while providing commentary for the event, that if he was at home he "would have put in [his] DVD of Homeland by [then]."

I'm amazed at what TNT lets him get away with.

There are only so many ways to be creative with a slam dunk. And unfortunately, most every original idea has been exhausted. I only hope that a player doesn't seriously hurt themselves trying some ridiculous 720 windmill tomahawk from the 3 point line.

I dont know if its so much that dunk ideas are played out but more the fact that noone cares about the players doing the dunks. The only great dunk contests at age 29 that I remember are the ones involving Vince Carter and Dwight Howard. The greatest dunk contest of all time was Jordan vs Dominique. Common theme, they all involved superstars. If Lebron James and Kevin Durant were doing those dunks people would be going crazy.

I didn't see the entire thing BUT I did just see Evans vs Ross for the dunk title. Both guys KILLED it.

I watched the NBA all-star activities after our game last night. I'm surprised that no one tries or has tried a 720 dunk in the all-star game. I'm pretty sure it would be lauded all over the place.

I'm sure some have seen this, and the dunk isn't a full 720, but either way, I think this would be great:

Someone needs to kill this thing that just won't die:

images

This sums it up:

Near the end, Barkley said, while providing commentary for the event, that if he was at home he "would have put in [his] DVD of Homeland by [then]."

I'm amazed at what TNT lets him get away with.

He also said TNT needed to bribe Lebron to get him to do it. He's the best.

He also said TNT needed to bribe Lebron to get him to do it. He's the best.
I had turned it off by this time, but my brother told me they actually cut his mic near the end. Kenny said the guys were all nervous and that's why there were so many missed dunks, and Chuck said "That's because they've never been in a game."

So awful, yet awesome.

The NBA should have a "Defense" competition. Promote something that they are not good at. Dunking has grown old.

I had turned it off by this time, but my brother told me they actually cut his mic near the end. Kenny said the guys were all nervous and that's why there were so many missed dunks, and Chuck said "That's because they've never been in a game."

So awful, yet awesome.

I'm convinced he shows up to the dunk contest every year hammered. I love it

I watched the NBA all-star activities after our game last night. I'm surprised that no one tries or has tried a 720 dunk in the all-star game. I'm pretty sure it would be lauded all over the place.

I'm sure some have seen this, and the dunk isn't a full 720, but either way, I think this would be great:
I'm sorry but that was INSANE!
At least a 540 which I never saw, but way closer to 720 degrees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom