OT: Negatoid Nightmare- Every game is close! | Syracusefan.com

OT: Negatoid Nightmare- Every game is close!

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Everywhere in CBB we’re seeing these close games between ranked & unranked teams.
As JB has said repeatedly, anyone can beat anyone else these days, and lots of unheralded squads will surprise.
Yet reading this forum sometimes you’d think we’re the only ones struggling, to score, on defense, at PG, etc. And even at 11-2 and w/ a decent OOC slate under our belt, for some, it’s all about the lack of what we have, and not appreciating the positives.
Perspective is a beautiful thing. We’re never as good as we’d like to be, but definitely not as bad as some act like we are.
Let’s pray for team health, continue to gel, and let the season play out. I’m betting we’ll do just fine! LGO

Everywhere in CBB we’re seeing these close games between ranked & unranked teams.
As JB has said repeatedly, anyone can beat anyone else these days, and lots of unheralded squads will surprise.
Yet reading this forum sometimes you’d think we’re the only ones struggling, to score, on defense, at PG, etc. And even at 11-2 and w/ a decent OOC slate under our belt, for some, it’s all about the lack of what we have, and not appreciating the positives.
Perspective is a beautiful thing. We’re never as good as we’d like to be, but definitely not as bad as some act like we are.
Let’s pray for team health, continue to gel, and let the season play out. I’m betting we’ll do just fine! LGO
100% agree. I am thrilled with 11-2. That was what I was hoping for before the season. A 10-8 ACC record and I'm ready for 2018/2019. Oh, and a NCAA tournament game that none of us were really counting on.

Games are so close this year we can go anywhere from 5-13 to 12-6 in the ACC based on a few bounces.

DB uses the close games as a basis to assumes we can play with anybody and can surprise. But he then fails to look at it the other way, that all those close games show we can get beat by anybody and play ourselves out while not being that bad a team.

We are 11-2. We set ourselves up in good position, and the NCAA tournament is a very decent possibility.

Last edited:
Games are so close this year we can go anywhere from 5-13 to 12-6 in the ACC based on a few bounces.

DB uses the close games as a basis to assumes we can play with anybody and can surprise. But he then fails to look at it the other way, that all those close games show we can get beat by anybody and play ourselves out while not being that bad a team.

We are 11-2. We set ourselves up in good position, and the NCAA tournament is a very decent possibility.
I was going to post earlier that the wake UNC game was both good news and bad news for us. The good news is we can beat UNC. The bad news is we can lose to Wake.

What about the Duke/FSU game??? No guarantee that Duke was going to win until the last minute and FSU scored impossible 3 after 3. And at the moment Nova is being creamed by Butler with 10 minutes left in the second half. “Nightmare” is definitely the word du jour!

Let's remember that most of us decided before the season started that we weren't going to expect much. Even when the early games came and went again most were going to have fun watching this team mainly because they played so hard Together.

Let's enjoy what we have and not spend too much time wishing this player or that one could do more or better.

LGO

Let's remember that most of us decided before the season started that we weren't going to expect much. Even when the early games came and went again most were going to have fun watching this team mainly because they played so hard Together.

Let's enjoy what we have and not spend too much time wishing this player or that one could do more or better.

LGO
And enjoy the guys we have because some won’t be here next year...

Remember 4 years ago when we were still undefeated in mid February? I miss those days. Can’t wait to get back to being a regular top 25 fixture again.