OT: NY Times article on Jay Williams. | Syracusefan.com

OT: NY Times article on Jay Williams.

A great read. He has certainly been through a lot. He's really lucky in a lot of ways.

This was a well-written article. Its good to hear about people making the best of difficult life situations. It also inspired me to Google his girlfriend Charissa Thompson, which improved my outlook on life. :cool:

Thanks a lot for posting this. I didn't come across it this morning and am glad someone brought it to our attention.

A lot of people give Williams a hard time; the criticism (which invariably turns to "he's dumb") is a little much. He's kind of boring and speaks in cliches, but that criticism applies to 85% of ESPN's personnel, no? At least Williams seems like a decent and pleasant individual.

And that story should be required reading for everyone who worships at the altar of poor decisions involving motor vehicles. Oy. Scary stuff.

Wow. That was absolutely riveting. How can anyone not wish him the very best? I loved the description of how the Duke "family" came together for him, and is still with him. I believe this is how it is for many of our Syracuse players also.

Thanks!

Wow. That was absolutely riveting. How can anyone not wish him the very best? I loved the description of how the Duke "family" came together for him, and is still with him. I believe this is how it is for many of our Syracuse players also.

Thanks!
I found myself thinking the same thing about Syracuse. It seems like I read about a lot of players working out at the Melo Center after they leave. How frequently does this happen at Syracuse? Its great that Williams had such a great experience with the Duke family.

Thanks a lot for posting this. I didn't come across it this morning and am glad someone brought it to our attention.

I think it might be in the Sunday NY Times.

Nice read. It's not the most moving story ever, but he acknowledges as much.

"Eventually, Williams latched on with ESPN and ESPNU. His credentials appealed to the network, as did his potential as an analyst."

What credentials? He played college basketball?

just cast the past aside. the kid is a moron when it comes to talking college hoops. yet he's prime time.

He is a moron...in all aspects of life. Glad he wasn't killed...but lets not get it twisted. He didn't have to purchase and ride a speedbike.