OT - NYC SU friendly places to eat and drink for PSU weekend. | Syracusefan.com

OT - NYC SU friendly places to eat and drink for PSU weekend.

orangeintheacc

Walk On
Wife and I will be in Manhattan on Friday and Saturday the weekend of the PSU game. We're looking for a somewhat casual place with good food and a fun atmosphere...full of Syracuse fans to get pumped for the game. We will be staying near Times Square...can anyone help me out with a recommendation. Thanks!

P.S. We got stuck in NY with a bunch of WVU fans at our hotel for the Pinstripe - we don't want a repeat hanging with the other teams fans...not a fun experience.

This restaurant opened up just after our admission to the ACC. It is located one block west of where the "Naked Cowboy" hangs out. Coach Boeheim recommends...great Cuse hangout at 2am.

dennys_206_restaurant_bldg_5x3.jpg

Surprised none of our NYC crew has answered this fan. You think Blarney or Stout would work? Any Cuse restaurants in Murray Hill?

Wife and I will be in Manhattan on Friday and Saturday the weekend of the PSU game. We're looking for a somewhat casual place with good food and a fun atmosphere...full of Syracuse fans to get pumped for the game. We will be staying near Times Square...can anyone help me out with a recommendation. Thanks!

P.S. We got stuck in NY with a bunch of WVU fans at our hotel for the Pinstripe - we don't want a repeat hanging with the other teams fans...not a fun experience.
check out The East End Bar on the web, great Syracuse friendly bar on the upper east side, great food and like minded fans!

Surprised none of our NYC crew has answered this fan. You think Blarney or Stout would work? Any Cuse restaurants in Murray Hill?
Blarney is a bit more laid back than Stout, especially on the weekends. I watched just about every SU game that was on during my time in NYC at Blarney. They were both solid spots to grab a drink though, and will be full of SU fans.

check out The East End Bar on the web, great Syracuse friendly bar on the upper east side, great food and like minded fans!

Nice suggestion:

I see their college FB specials

Saturday College Football

• BRUNCH (11:30am - 4pm)
  • Brunch - FREE drink included$11.95
  • Upgrade to UNLIMITED drinks for only $11! (2 hour maximum)
  • WRISTBANDS (11:30 – 4pm)
  • Unlimited Coors & Miller Lite Pints & 1/2 price Wings$25.00
  • WRISTBANDS (3 – 7pm)
It also advertises it is a Notre Dame and Texas Tech bar besides Cuse. Who has the most fans on Saturdays?

BTW, the menu prices don't seem that outrageous for NYC...I could see myself becoming a regular there if I lived on the UES.

I stumbled on this place a couple months ago and they were playing the cuse vs yale lax game. I asked if it was a syracuse bar and he mentioned that they were not initially but during bball the season, cuse fans took the place over. Lot of them them in the neighborhood. Good food too, get the guiness mac n cheese. Not far from times square.

http://sessionhousenyc.com/food/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Great, thanks for the suggestions (also, thanks to TexanMark for rescuing the thread)...we will definitely check out several different places while we are there so we will hit most if not all of the above ideas - Friday to warm up for the game and Saturday to celebrate the 'Cuse victory! I can't wait for this game - a win there would be huge for the rest of the season.

Nice suggestion:

• WRISTBANDS (3 – 7pm)
It also advertises it is a Notre Dame and Texas Tech bar besides Cuse. Who has the most fans on Saturdays?

BTW, the menu prices don't seem that outrageous for NYC...I could see myself becoming a regular there if I lived on the UES.
thats pretty standard for saturdays around town, but you know...NYC is NOT a college town, nobody watches college football.

i dont see any reason why one would go from TS all the way up to the UES to a bar which will have the exact same clientele and offer as the 100 bars you pass in the cab.

that said, as it gets closer i would imagine BigAppleOrange will set up a happy hour somewhere. right now they are too busy trying to sell tickets to Syracuse day at Yankee Stadium on Sat.

and after staying up to watch last night, i may just dump mine......

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

Nice suggestion:

• WRISTBANDS (3 – 7pm)

I assure anyone considering the east end bar, this is a Syracuse Bar! Texas tech fans have not gone there in a couple of years, and I don't even know what the N.D. thing is about, never seen them in there? My Niece and her best friend from Syracuse live in Manhattan, and it is their favorite bar. They turned my wife and me on to this place while we were spending time there for a surgery our daughter was having at Lenox Hill Hospital. Great place with great food, reasonable prices for Manhattan, and like I said in a previous post, this is a Syracuse bar, you will be greeted by like minded ORANGE FANS!

thats pretty standard for saturdays around town, but you know...NYC is NOT a college town, nobody watches college football.

i dont see any reason why one would go from TS all the way up to the UES to a bar which will have the exact same clientele and offer as the 100 bars you pass in the cab.

that said, as it gets closer i would imagine BigAppleOrange will set up a happy hour somewhere. right now they are too busy trying to sell tickets to Syracuse day at Yankee Stadium on Sat.

and after staying up to watch last night, i may just dump mine......

:bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

Grab me a hat on Saturday (One of the Cuse Yankee hats) and I will feed and booze you in the Fine Lot or give you a Maryland Ticket for free

Grab me a hat on Saturday (One of the Cuse Yankee hats) and I will feed and booze you in the Fine Lot or give you a Maryland Ticket for free
as far as i know, there is no NYY-SU hat deal this year.

and i dont even think there is an organized 'picnic' this year either. its just a group rate for tix.

if there was something organized or an ability to purchase something extra, it was done at Syracuse day at citi field.

the maryland game, so pissed when i saw the schedule (and them leaving for the b1g, but anywho), its the same weekend as a Giants home game and day of the Eagles at MSG. then when you throw in the fact that its my anniversary weekend and i will have to pencil in the wife for a few hours :cool: ...i wont be heading to college park.