OT: OCC Football seeking coaches | Syracusefan.com

OT: OCC Football seeking coaches

snowycuse

Walk On
I did not want to take up any board space until after National Signing Day but with that now out of the way and a little time before Spring Practice I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to any potential volunteer coaches in the area.

We are the Onondaga C.C. Club Football program as recognized by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). We have dual membership in the National Club Football Association (NCFA) as well as the Yankee Collegiate Football Conference (YCFC). Last season, our second overall and first as an official school sanctioned club, we were a goal line stand away from competing in the National Championship and expect nothing less this year. In addition to playing against club teams we also have games against Buffalo State College (JV) and Morrisville State College (JV) before taking on Erie Community College. It is a true college football program without Varsity funding. We cannot promise it will be easy but if football and teaching are your passion we want to hear from you.

At the moment we could use help at every position; especially defense. We have a reputation as a very solid defensive unit but that is a credit to our student-athletes as we have never had a dedicated defensive coach.

We also realize that syracusefan.com is full of people in the community that could help us in numerous other ways and we could really use any volunteer hours, handouts, funding ideas, etc you would be willing to spare. We have struggled in the past to find EMT's, athletic trainers, general game staff, publicity, you name it. We really feel we have a solid chance at winning our conference and going for the National Championship all we need is a more stable foundation. We hope a few guys on this forum can help with that.

Hopefully the mods will consider leaving this up and we will confine our communication to this thread.

We can be reached at info@OCCFootball.com or you could inbox me for more information.

Thanks

Very cool...good luck. It would be cool if OCC eventually went Varsity.

Hopefully a few guys here can offer some help.

There are a lot of very qualified armchair quarterback coaches on this board who should give it a try.

There are a lot of very qualified armchair quarterback coaches on this board who should give it a try.

You'd still be the waterboy.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

:raises hand:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You'd still be the waterboy.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

I'm not qualified. I'd have to pull a George O'Leary to get that gig.

Let me see if we can donate RandyGoDuke as your tackling dummy.

Some funny stuff in here but in all seriousness we want to thank you so much for pinning this at the top and giving us a chance to reach out to the community. It is already starting to pay off. We are looking for armchair QB's and water boys alike so all are welcome. If you have an interest in local HS football this is the team for you as most of our roster the last two years has been made up of guys from CNS, Liverpool, Corcoran, West Genny, Bville, etc. It is fun to see them all come together and relive the battles they have had over the years playing one another. All coaching positions are open for discussion.

We lost our former HFC over the weekend. Keep his family and young son in your prayers. For those who may not know he was also a walkon with the Syracuse University football program a few years ago. In his last semester at Syracuse interning with St. Johns.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/02/syracuse_university_student_st_1.html
So sorry to hear about Jason's death. I had posted the article with my Monday's news stories, then immediatley checked over here.

May young Mr. Morales rest in peace.

I want to thank everyone for their help. We have identified a few coaches to help fill out our staff and are now working on Spring Practice which will start in April.

Mods if you would prefer to remove this thread please fee free. If not I will continue to simply post any OCC Football news here though the heading could use some editing.

Thanks again!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom