OT - Okla St names early-enrollee true frosh starting QB... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Okla St names early-enrollee true frosh starting QB...

MikeSU02

Living Legend
This is ballsy.

Gundy named Wes Lunt the starter after the kid enrolled early and took part in spring practice.

http://www.koco.com/r/30960874/detail.html

We had to make a decision based on what we thought was best for our offense to score points and then give us the best chance to win football games," Gundy said. "All three players had good springs, but at some point, the decision is made on the field. There's always a comment about who coaches are going to name as the starter at any position, but the coaches usually don't make that decision - the decision is made by the players. Wes performed better than the other two quarterbacks in the spring."

Wait a minute, wasn't there a comment or two in another thread that freshmen QB's don't start?

Wait a minute, wasn't there a comment or two in another thread that freshmen QB's don't start?

True Freshman QBs don't start when your team already has a RS Senior who is entering his fourth year of participation in the offense.

True Freshman QBs don't start when your team already has a RS Senior who is entering his fourth year of participation in the offense.
And who will own mpst of the school passing records playing with inferior players

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Can we really call what they do as "offense"?

Can we really call what they do as "offense"?

If quarterback play was the issue you might have a point. Last year was about the decrease in production at TB. Plain and simple.

With more weapons Nassib will continue his year over year improvement.

My guess he ends up mid 60's in completion percentage, 3000 yds, 30 TD's and 10 Ints.

And who will own mpst of the school passing records playing with inferior players

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
i hope he does break all the school passing records so that the next time we refer to SU's passing records as if they mean anything, they'll at least be a little bit higher.

people wonder why i think SU fans here pay too much attention to SU history and too little to current peers

If quarterback play was the issue you might have a point. Last year was about the decrease in production at TB. Plain and simple.

With more weapons Nassib will continue his year over year improvement.

My guess he ends up mid 60's in completion percentage, 3000 yds, 30 TD's and 10 Ints.
that would move him into the top 20 in qb rating.

72nd
64th
18th or so?

that's a big jump.

19 and 8 TD/INT
22 and 9 TD/INT
to
30 and 10?

another big jump.

i think that's expecting a lot.

Even if he was better? Not saying AB is, but it's silly to make blanket comments that true freshmen should not start.

that would move him into the top 20 in qb rating.

72nd
64th
18th or so?

that's a big jump.

19 and 8 TD/INT
22 and 9 TD/INT
to
30 and 10?

another big jump.

i think that's expecting a lot.

3% in his completion percentage, 25 yds a game, I don't think that's a huge stretch. Comes down to improving down field by one or two throws a game. Connect on a couple more of those there's a couple of more TD's right there. Having Sales should help there as well.

3% in his completion percentage, 25 yds a game, I don't think that's a huge stretch. Comes down to improving down field by one or two throws a game. Connect on a couple more of those there's a couple of more TD's right there. Having Sales should help there as well.

fans of bad offenses always go through this exercise and just keep dividing until they get to something that sounds doable.

when you look at anything per game, it always sounds easier than it is.

all we need is one additional bomb per half!! easier said than done

Even if he was better? Not saying AB is, but it's silly to make blanket comments that true freshmen should not start.

I don't think it is. Matt Barkley wouldn't have started as a true frosh if there had been a more seasoned QB hanging around.

It's a big adjustment going from HS to college, no matter how touted or ready you are.

fans of bad offenses always go through this exercise and just keep dividing until they get to something that sounds doable.

when you look at anything per game, it always sounds easier than it is.

all we need is one additional bomb per half!! easier said than done

It's 315yds over 12 games. It's not an additional bomb per half, it's an additional 12.5 yds per half.

Nassib was 48th in yds per game last year, and the SU passing offense was 77th in long pass plays, (10yds or greater). They were 116th in plays 30+yds.

It's 315yds over 12 games. It's not an additional bomb per half, it's an additional 12.5 yds per half.

Nassib was 48th in yds per game last year, and the SU passing offense was 77th in long pass plays, (10yds or greater). They were 116th in plays 30+yds.

i was having fun with "Comes down to improving down field by one or two throws a game."

i'm sure you're not making up the term but 10 yards <> long pass play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom