OT-Omaha, Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

OT-Omaha, Nebraska

AlpharettaCuse

Adhere to the protocols
Has anyone here been to Omaha, NE? Headed there on business tomorrow. Staying in downtown Omaha and looking for a good place to grab a delicious beer and dinner.

nfl_divisional_roundsan_dieg_0_1454087792.jpg

Have a great trip - say hello to Warren while you are visiting !!!

PS - No, I haven't been.

Somewhere in middle America. Get right to the heart of matters. It’s the heart that matters more.

I think you better turn your ticket in and get your money back at the door.

Probably not the place for ethnic food. Look for steakhouses on TripAdvisor.

Just went there a few weeks ago for the Creighton vs Gtown game. Very easy area to navigate.
If you're getting a rental, you'll have to go outside and take a shuttle in a round about way to the rental car places, due to construction. The airport is under 10 minutes from downtown. The main street from the airport shoots directly into the downtown area.

The first thing you'll notice is the CWS baseball stadium and a lot of hotels right at the beginning, along with Centurylink Center. Most of that area is newer as far as hotels, bars, etc. Very clean. I didn't get to check out my favorite thing, which is steakhouses. The most packed place I walked past was 801 Chophouse.

DJ's is their major sports bar, but there's plenty of those. Like everywhere else nowadays, they have local breweries and an ok selection, with a few good ones.
I'm a walker, so it was nothing to walk from the hotel/baseball stadium area to downtown. It's maybe a mile. Everything is so easy to walk around, very straight forward.

If you're there Saturday, they play Marquette at 8pm. Highly recommend checking out a game.

Has anyone here been to Omaha, NE? Headed there on business tomorrow. Staying in downtown Omaha and looking for a good place to grab a delicious beer and dinner.
Just went there this summer unexpectedly so I didn't have any time to plan. As soon as I settled into my hotel room I just walked out to look for a good spot. I happened upon Hiro 88. Fantastic. Asian fusion, I would call it. Pretty impressive beer, wine, sake and liquor menu. I also noticed an Italian place next door called Nicola's with a nice outdoor patio. Line out the door.

Just went there a few weeks ago for the Creighton vs Gtown game. Very easy area to navigate.
If you're getting a rental, you'll have to go outside and take a shuttle in a round about way to the rental car places, due to construction. The airport is under 10 minutes from downtown. The main street from the airport shoots directly into the downtown area.

The first thing you'll notice is the CWS baseball stadium and a lot of hotels right at the beginning, along with Centurylink Center. Most of that area is newer as far as hotels, bars, etc. Very clean. I didn't get to check out my favorite thing, which is steakhouses. The most packed place I walked past was 801 Chophouse.

DJ's is their major sports bar, but there's plenty of those. Like everywhere else nowadays, they have local breweries and an ok selection, with a few good ones.
I'm a walker, so it was nothing to walk from the hotel/baseball stadium area to downtown. It's maybe a mile. Everything is so easy to walk around, very straight forward.

If you're there Saturday, they play Marquette at 8pm. Highly recommend checking out a game.

Thanks a bunch! I’m staying right near the baseball stadium. Heading home Friday, but will definitely see as much as I can tomorrow night and Friday morning.

I used to live there (and my sister still does). Check out the Old Market area downtown. There's a lot of stuff down there.

Not high end but Pepperjax is legit. They're all over Omaha.

Back when I used to go to Omaha for work the people I knew there all swore by a steakhouse called The Drover. It was pretty good, not that great, only one I remember other than Pepperjax of the places I used to eat at there though.

Warren would tell you to go to Gorat’s and order a rare t-bone with double order of hash browns

The zoo is excellent but quite a workout. Doesn't sound like that can fit in your schedule though.

Warren would tell you to go to Gorat’s and order a rare t-bone with double order of hash browns
My understanding is that Warren is more of a burger and Coke kind of guy.

Live in Omaha. If staying downtown best high end steakhouse is Chophouse 801. Omaha has great restaurants of all types, but great steak obviously. Old Market area has a ton of options and bars etc. a lot of wealth in Omaha with a healthy economy, new stadiums, etc
, etc.. Wish upstate where I grew up was on the same growth pattern. DJs is a good sports bar with typical but good bar food.

Haven’t been to Omaha, but have made it to Lincoln several times. Nebraskans are some of the friendliest folks around. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I never made it to Omaha. Flight to Chicago was diverted to Milwaukee, so I’m sitting in the airport bar, drinking Spotted Cow. Headed back to the ATL in 4 hours. Gonna be hammered. Does anyone have Uber’s phone number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom