OT: Patrick Ewing...LOL! | Syracusefan.com

OT: Patrick Ewing...LOL!

That's great. That's really good, smart coaching. I'm impressed.

Here's the rest of the translation that's not subtitled:

"By yourself? I have never seen you shoot that shot. I have never seen you shoot that. I have have never seen you shoot that, so don't shoot it."

Last edited:
Ewing was right. Kid took a weak fade away j that had no chance. Though he handled it well with the kid instead of just being angry he gave a reason why it was a bad shot.

Agreed. I was impressed. I wonder if Mullin has even picked up a clipboard and run a huddle yet. And yes I'm well aware he's beaten us twice and it makes me sick!

His best player takes a stupid shot and seems to be insisting that he practices it, meanwhile Patrick’s gotta be thinking “NBA assistant >>>>coaching these dumb college scrubs” as he chews him out.

Yea, because Patrick has made soooo many series clinching shots in his career. Clank! Georgetown still sucks.

the fact that the kid had the balls to say he practiced that is one of the greatest things ever

You know! I couldn’t believe it. LMAO. After Patrick described the shot, I was expecting the kid to shut up and nod his head until Patrick moved on.

A Georgetown thread huh ...
dafuq1.gif

You know! I couldn’t believe it. LMAO. After Patrick described the shot, I was expecting the kid to shut up and nod his head until Patrick moved on.

It's so amazing, Ewing's reaction is great. I love every bit of that. They definitely didn't get to rhetorical questions yet at Gtown

I can almost guarantee Jim Boeheim has said more or less that same thing on more than one occasion to more than one guy.

I think Patrick is going to be better than people think there.

It's so amazing, Ewing's reaction is great. I love every bit of that. They definitely didn't get to rhetorical questions yet at Gtown

This generation, and the next one coming up, has no idea what a rhetorical question is. They are all so confident they actually think I want to hear what they have to say. It's kind of weird.

This generation, and the next one coming up, has no idea what a rhetorical question is. They are all so confident they actually think I want to hear what they have to say. It's kind of weird.

I wonder if that player’s mom wrote Ewing a scathing email for crushing her boy’s self-esteem by correcting him and holding him back from displaying his true special talents?

I originally thought Gtown hiring Ewing was just a gimmick. To be honest, it seems like he actually wants to coach, and is learning to coach. I thought this was going to be one of those Chris Mullins deals where he is the face of the team but doesn't do any actual coaching.

I wonder if that player’s mom wrote Ewing a scathing email for crushing her boy’s self-esteem by correcting him and holding him back from displaying his true special talents?

If she didn't, I'm certain she's looking for a loophole in the transfer rules - my boy's coach is kind of mean with his questions!!!!

I wish they had the rest of the audio. When the kid says "Yes" to Ewing's "do you work on that shot?" question... the look on Ewing's face is awesome.

Seems like SU had a player a few years ago who said something like that too... and Boeheim ripped him too.

Bringing that good ol' Caribbean scolding to college basketball. Loved that moment. Sometimes you see things on the court that were so dumb you just have to ask what were they thinking.

I originally thought Gtown hiring Ewing was just a gimmick. To be honest, it seems like he actually wants to coach, and is learning to coach. I thought this was going to be one of those Chris Mullins deals where he is the face of the team but doesn't do any actual coaching.

Ewing really wants it, he was an NBA assistant for a long time