OT: Penn State's Plan Before The Sandusky Scandal | Syracusefan.com

OT: Penn State's Plan Before The Sandusky Scandal

LeMoyneCuse

All American
About six weeks ago, I posted that I had heard from a connected PSU alum that Urban Meyer had purchased a house in the State College area. Well, yesterday my source told me the rest of the story.

Apparently, this was going to be Joe Pa's last year anyway. His health, as we have seen, was failing. The University had a plan in place where they would announce Paterno's retirement after the Nebraska game- the last home game of the season. Urban Meyer had already been lined up to take over and had already purchased a house in Boalsburg in anticipation of this happening.

But before this could happen, the Sandusky scandal broke. The BoT were caught with their pants down, and in their efforts to stop the bleeding, they had to fire Paterno. The situation created such a mess that Meyer jumped ship to Ohio State. PSU had to turn to O'Brien because the place had become undesirable that quickly.

This is just what I was told. I don't know if it's all true, but it's too compelling not to share.

If true, i'm sure someone in the media will uncover the property records.

Should be easy enough to check out...there should be a record of a very expensive house being bought in rural PA.

Interesting, but with Urban being an Ohio guy from the start, I find it a little off. The OSU gig was definitely open from the minute Tressel was fired. He has long been considered a candidate there. I wonder what made him think PSU was a better job before the scandal? OSU recruits nationally and has a great recruiting area locally to pull from. They have been relevant more recently and won a national title in the 2000's. They also have the most profitable AD in the country sans Texas. PSU has western PA, but then fights with UM, BC, SU, Rutgers, etc for Jersey, NY and Maryland recruits. Not that they don't win those battles, but still...

the only way the fact that urban meyer bought a house in wpa could be true is if the only set of documents showing this transaction AND a taped phone call from the school to him of the offer...is being held by mark swartz.

otherwise, we would all know.

its hoppycock.

Oh Lord

Should be easy enough to check out...there should be a record of a very expensive house being bought in rural PA.

Boalsburg is a lot of things, but it ain't an inexpensive real estate market. It's the address of choice for many PSU profs, coaches, administrators, and for the corporate types in the area. A combination of old farm houses and colonials (think Cazenovia village without the lake) and McMansion subdivisions.

Pretty sure Meyers' daughter attends PSU. Might be a volleyball player or something.

There were a lot of rumors about this here in PA last November, just after JoePa's firing. Some thought it was a sign of an impending hire, some because his daughter's apparently enrolled there, and many who thought it was all BS. This was all happening at the very same time the Urban-to-OSU rumor mill was heating up, with what sounded like far more credible 'insider' info, so my personal feeling was that it was all BS about his coaching prospects at PSU, but who knows.

Geez, seems Urban Meyer bought 15 houses in Columbus, State College, South Bend, and all over the country.

About six weeks ago, I posted that I had heard from a connected PSU alum that Urban Meyer had purchased a house in the State College area. Well, yesterday my source told me the rest of the story.

Apparently, this was going to be Joe Pa's last year anyway. His health, as we have seen, was failing. The University had a plan in place where they would announce Paterno's retirement after the Nebraska game- the last home game of the season. Urban Meyer had already been lined up to take over and had already purchased a house in Boalsburg in anticipation of this happening.

But before this could happen, the Sandusky scandal broke. The BoT were caught with their pants down, and in their efforts to stop the bleeding, they had to fire Paterno. The situation created such a mess that Meyer jumped ship to Ohio State. PSU had to turn to O'Brien because the place had become undesirable that quickly.

This is just what I was told. I don't know if it's all true, but it's too compelling not to share.

But Paterno was never fired.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/i-couldnt-have-written-this-any-better.14272/

Geez, seems Urban Meyer bought 15 houses in Columbus, State College, South Bend, and all over the country.

Yeah, this, as the kids say.

"So-and-so bought a house there" is the 2.0 version of "a plane of University X was spotted at the airport".

Yeah, this, as the kids say.

"So-and-so bought a house there" is the 2.0 version of "a plane of University X was spotted at the airport".

This guy landing at your local airport tends to be pretty obvious though.

wingedhelmetplane.jpg

I have no idea if it was true or not, but most of the PSU insiders on their boards and on twitter said it was bogus that he bought a house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom