OT: Peter King Retires | Syracusefan.com

OT: Peter King Retires

Have to be honest - think it was 4 or 5 years too late. When he is on Florio's show or Mad Dog's it literally takes him 5 minutes to make any point. Thought it was interesting that he opted for retirement when his print boss suggested some brevity for his column.

Have to be honest - think it was 4 or 5 years too late. When he is on Florio's show or Mad Dog's it literally takes him 5 minutes to make any point. Thought it was interesting that he opted for retirement when his print boss suggested some brevity for his column.
Never heard him on the radio, but agree about his column. I used to read it every week for until the last few years when that's the only writing he did. The column used to be an easy 20 minute or so Monday breakfast read. But when he packed literally all the news of the week into that one column, it became about a 45 minute or even longer read. That's just too long for that type of column. So I just started skimming it for Bills references.

I looked forward to his MMQB, then FMIA, columns every single week.

He announced his retirement in this morning's column:

Same. Saved it every Monday and wiped it out in pieces over the course of the week.