OT - Power Ball | Syracusefan.com

OT - Power Ball

81South

2017 Iggy Winner, Back to Back Iggy Winner
Good luck to those of you who have got your tickets for tonight's drawing. I am in a large pool at work.

While the odds are astronomical against winning, just getting some tickets with friends and colleagues makes for a lot of entertaining discussion of what we would do if we won the lottery. So that begs the question. What would the Power Ball winnings allow you to buy that you previously could not afford?

For me......court side (CTO esque) seats at SU mens basketball games until the day I die.

Seems one would have to be crazy not to enter a pool at work if they are having one. Who wants to take the chance of being the guy left sitting there alone with all the work when everyone else retires?

Seems one would have to be crazy not to enter a pool at work if they are having one. Who wants to take the chance of being the guy left sitting there alone with all the work when everyone else retires?

That's the only reason why I joined my office pool. A co-worker told a story about her husband's aunt, who worked in an office where everybody entered a lottery pool except her. Well, they won. Not necessarily the top jackpot, but enough for everybody to retire. So they all did, and she still works there to this day.

That's the only reason why I joined my office pool. A co-worker told a story about her husband's aunt, who worked in an office where everybody entered a lottery pool except her. Well, they won. Not necessarily the top jackpot, but enough for everybody to retire. So they all did, and she still works there to this day.
Wow

It seems like those are the ones who win it.

• Start a foundation. Contribute to various causes around the world, that i will encounter during travels.
• Buy a section of seats at the ACC or NCAA tournaments + airfare and hotel rooms for the smart folks who Liked my posts.
• Scour the internet for a dealer or an online source who might be willing to part with a Clue at a price i could afford.
• Hire a think tank to devise a way to screw Time Warner Cable.
• Various other revenge schemes.
• Ferrari California T.

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money.

Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.

Lawrence: Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like me do.

Peter Gibbons: Good point.

Lawrence: Well, what about you now? What would you do?

Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?

Lawrence: Well, yeah.

Peter Gibbons: Nothing.

Lawrence: Nothing, huh?

Peter Gibbons: I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

Lawrence: Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do shiit.

Well, since the winner will likely net close to $1 Billion, I'd slide off a cool $100 M for my family. With the remaining $900M, I'd donate to the Cuse for an on campus, retractable roof, retractable grass field, multi purpose stadium. With two caveats - (1) my son gets admitted to Syracuse (unconditionally); (2) the Dome gets called perpetually, "The Death Star". Well, perhaps not "The Death Star" given that it's been blown up several times. How about "The Ice Dome" - just because we need to embrace the cold that is Syracuse... and winter is coming.

Back to work.

Well, since the winner will likely net close to $1 Billion, I'd slide off a cool $100 M for my family. With the remaining $900M, I'd donate to the Cuse for an on campus, retractable roof, retractable grass field, multi purpose stadium. With two caveats - (1) my son gets admitted to Syracuse (unconditionally); (2) the Dome gets called perpetually, "The Death Star". Well, perhaps not "The Death Star" given that it's been blown up several times. How about "The Ice Dome" - just because we need to embrace the cold that is Syracuse... and winter is coming.

Back to work.
GoT reference? If so, props to you.

I'm responsible for managing the real estate investment strategy on a $1B fund. That can go quickly if you're not careful. Even at $1B.

Good luck to the winner! I can be available for consulting. :cool:

I swear to God I hit 3 of 5 numbers AND THE BLEEPING POWERBALL.

Somebody had to win if I was that close. I wonder what I will get with that. Damn it I missed 8 and 19. That just sucks.

Somebody had to win if I was that close. I wonder what I will get with that. Damn it I missed 8 and 19. That just sucks.
Looks like it's a $100.

Definitely the worst $100 you've ever won.

$100 ...congratulations

$100 ...congratulations

$100 ...congratulations

Well I "won" 80 dollars then. Sucks thank goodness it wasn't 1 number away. I probably wouldn't sleep tonight. I am glad I missed the first number as well. I wasn't on edge after missing that.

Well I "won" 80 dollars then. Sucks thank goodness it wasn't 1 number away. I probably wouldn't sleep tonight. I am glad I missed the first number as well. I wasn't on edge after missing that.
Well, 1 number away would have won you either $50k (4 +PB) or $1M (5 no PB). Do you want to reconsider after you just won $100?