OT: Prince Concert at the Dome, March 30, 1985 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Prince Concert at the Dome, March 30, 1985

LeMoyneCuse

All American
His estate has put the concert film from his Syracuse show on YouTube through the weekend.

Anybody go? The one concert I've been to at the Dome (Kanye West, 2006), they put the stage roughly around where they put the pull out bleachers for basketball. Is that the standard place?

Watched it last night, and as much as I loved Prince (and Purple Rain), that was terrible. There was only 1 camera close to the stage, lighting was poor, and the definition on the images was 240p. Yes, you read that right. No choreography to speak of. I couldn't make it past 30 minutes of the show.

was still in high school at the time. A friend went to show. She said it was incredible.

I concur on above comment. I was excited to watch it but the quality make it unwatchable

I've seen them move the stage around a bit, but I agree in general it's about where the pull outs are for most of the shows i;ve been to.. For the bigger shows they try to slide the stage back to get a few more people in dome.

His estate has put the concert film from his Syracuse show on YouTube through the weekend.

Anybody go? The one concert I've been to at the Dome (Kanye West, 2006), they put the stage roughly around where they put the pull out bleachers for basketball. Is that the standard place?

I was at that concert as well. It was part of SU's Block Party. As far as I know, the stage for Block Party was always in that general vicinity. For larger concerts, the stage is usually either further back toward the opposite endzone or in the middle with seating all around.

Disagree on the quality ruining it. The music and theatrics more than make up for it. The version of Purple Rain at the end has some of the best guitar I have ever heard. Would definitely recommend watching that at the very least.