OT: Princess Lacey passed away last night | Syracusefan.com

OT: Princess Lacey passed away last night

This is awful and really hits hard. She was such an inspirational story and Adriean Payne had become my favorite non-SU player in some time due to his commitment, love and friendship for her. Poor little girl, she didn't deserve all that pain.

This was an amazing story. As Jasoncuse said above, Adriean's love and commitment to her was just awesome to watch.

I guess I didn't realize how sick she really was considering I think she was just there when Adriean participated in the dunk contest last week. But I already know she was 1000 times tougher than I'll ever be.

RIP - A pediatrician told me that that saddest part of a child dying is when the kids ask why their parents are so sad. It breaks my heart.

I have a 10 year old daughter named Lacey. For the first two years of her life, my son, who is 2 years older, called her princess. This story chills me to the bone. No matter how dire things may seem at times, I feel so fortunate that my kids are healthy. As I am I'll equipped to manage if they weren't healthy. My thoughts are with her family and friends, she was a special child and her spirit will be carried on through them.

I keep trying to read the article on espn.com hoping my co-workers don't walk by my desk and see my eyes watering up.

She looked so good at the tournament. I thought maybe she was getting over it.

Exactly my thoughts. They showed her at the Garden and she looked so happy. Two weeks later...it's just haunting to think about.

I'm happy that she did get to go to NYC and watch her team in the S16 and E8. It must have been so special for her and her family.

This is just piercing...cancer is relentless. When my wife was 12, she lost her 8 year old sister to Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma...17 months later her father died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 38. My mother-in-law eventually remarried and lost her second husband less than 2 years ago...again to pancreatic cancer. Cancer is horrible...I have no idea how she has endured so much in her life and is still able to carry on with such grace...