OT- Riley Dixon - Denver | Syracusefan.com

OT- Riley Dixon - Denver

That's awesome. Given the difference in salary you would think if Riley can just stay even the gets the job. Wait until they start running some drill's on fake FG... No Brainer ;)

"So the Broncos are trying to sharpen their edges, looking at other ways to improve. That led them to draft a punter, seriously, in the seventh round. Nixon was a first-team all-Atlantic Coast Conference punter. He can kick the seams off a ball with a booming leg."

I am not a crook!

Cool. Dixon will be a starting punter for some NFL team within the next two years.

jgeorge322 said:
He throws a wicked fake punch too
I heard Team USA approached him about a spot on the track team for hurdles.

Congrats RILEY!

That is frigging awesome. What an amazing story. From walk-on to 1st team All-ACC to NFL Draft Pick to NFL starting punter on the defending Super Bowl Champs.

So great.

giphy.gif

BOOM! Off to Orangemane.com to see the reaction. It's been split 50-50 on Colquit and Dixon.

Congrats to Riley he is also punting in the best spot for kickers. So that should help keep his nerves down and help him do a good job.
Just kick the ball high and in that altitude he should be fine.

I hope he sticks and makes a TON of dough throughout his professional career.

Pretty incredible that he beat out Colquitt, who was also young / highly regarded.

I hope he sticks and makes a TON of dough throughout his professional career.

Pretty incredible that he beat out Colquitt, who was also young / highly regarded.

Problem is other than the playoffs Colquitt was pretty inconsistent. Plus, he was unwilling to take a pay cut. Was making over $3M/year.

Congrats Riley! Looking forward to seeing him live and in effect, next Thursday night! Finally got an SU guy again!

This has to make you terrified to sign a big contract as a punter.

I agree. sign a middle level deal and punt well and you can play 5-10 yrs.. or do you punt well, sign a bigger deal and get cut. but the reality is colquitt has made a decent chunk and got some good money late . his deal last year was worth close to 10 of what Riley is making now. but if he had settled for 1-2 million they may well have kept him.

this also means little to be lost for denver to go a different direction if he doesnt punt well. they could actually over pay a bit in they need to improve later in the year and still be ahead

Never gets old.
Congrats RILEY!

That is frigging awesome. What an amazing story. From walk-on to 1st team All-ACC to NFL Draft Pick to NFL starting punter on the defending Super Bowl Champs.

So great.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom