OT -- RIP Roy Halladay | Syracusefan.com

OT -- RIP Roy Halladay

RF2044

Living Legend
As a small plane enthusiast, I hate to see something like this happen. 40 is way too young.

Didn't Halladay spend some time in Syracuse with the Chiefs back in the mid-90s?

As a small plane enthusiast, I hate to see something like this happen. 40 is way too young.

Didn't Halladay spend some time in Syracuse with the Chiefs back in the mid-90s?

Yes. Remember bidding on his jersey on eBay and lost at the last minute.

And with the Auburn Doubledays. First baseball game I ever attended he was on the bump. Few years before he broke out with the Jays. RIP. Absolute legend.

Shocking, so sad.

My knee-jerk reaction: thoughts of Ken Hubbs, Roberto Clemente and the one that makes Fireball Jr.'s eyes moist, my college buddy and woulda-been-shoulda-been Hall of Famer Thurm Munson. Forever frozen in time at 32 while I'm about to hit the big 6-9. Far freakin' out.

And with the Auburn Doubledays. First baseball game I ever attended he was on the bump. Few years before he broke out with the Jays. RIP. Absolute legend.

Never played for Auburn.

May have been playing for another team/league whatever that happened to be at the park in Auburn that day. I mean I have signed items from the day. This is pretty beside the point but thank you for going out of your way on this one? This was nearly 20 years ago.

I'm just saying that you're mistaken. He never played in the Penn League, unless he played there as a visitor in High School (not sure if Doubleday Field hosts HS games) then he's never played there.

I'm not going out of my way, I just made a comment and you doubled down on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom