OT- Rutgers new basketball coach Eddie Jordan isn't actually an alum of Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

OT- Rutgers new basketball coach Eddie Jordan isn't actually an alum of Rutgers

http://deadspin.com/coach-eddie-jor...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I wish could be called a graduate even though I didn't meet the academic requirements. This isn't a big deal, but technically he isn't an alum even though it has been stated by Eddie Jordan's NBA employers and Rutgers has referred to him as an alum.
Well, actually he is:

a·lum·nus

[uh-luhm-nuh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
s] Show IPA
noun, plural a·lum·ni [uh-luhm-nahy, -nee] Show IPA .
a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
a former associate, employee, member, or the like: He invited all the alumni of the library staff to the party.

He is not a graduate, he does not have a degree, but he is an alumnus.

Well, actually he is:

a·lum·nus

[uh-luhm-nuh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
s] Show IPA
noun, plural a·lum·ni [uh-luhm-nahy, -nee] Show IPA .
a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
a former associate, employee, member, or the like: He invited all the alumni of the library staff to the party.
What he said.

Fair enough, I messed that up, but I will be interested to see whether or not the basketball coaching position at Rutgers has a job requirement of requiring a college degree. It could be a job requirement due to the fact it is a state job if it is then Mr. Jordan will be returning to college this summer and earning his degree.

So the question then becomes, "Does a college head coach need to be a college graduate?" If the answer is yes it might be a big deal.

So the question then becomes, "Does a college head coach need to be a college graduate?" If the answer is yes it might be a big deal.

I believe they do, and that's what I was thinking.

What am I missing here? His transcript in the article lists well over 200 credits. I think I only needed 120 to graduate.

he took 200 credits- failed half of those classes possibly ??

Rutgers hardly ever disappoints.

The school, their teams and their fan base provide a never-ending stream of amusement.

I'll guarantee you that with this latest news, Delaney is drinking doubles tonight.

The bigger question is how did the hiring committee overlook this? What kind of oversight process do they have at Rutgers? Do they even have any oversight?

No one cares if he graduated or not. He's a basketball coach. But the more important issue is, why were they loose with the language so as to claim outright that graduated from the school? Obviously, they didn't check it out. Or they knew they were being inaccurate and didn't care. Given the situation with Rice, and the criticism that the pres took for his loose language surrounding that pig show, you would have thought they would be much more precise. They weren't. And that's just stupid.

Rutgers just continues to be the skid mark on the tighty whities of college sports.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The real "issue" here is; what does it say on his resume?
If he claims a BS/BA on his resume, either in the pros or when applying to RU, then he lied,...plain & simple.
Ask George O'Leary if embellishing the old CV can complicate one's job status.

This might be one of the most non-news news stories of the year so far.

WOW.

Today I learned that Rutgers actually gives out degrees.

Actually, we have no proof of that. We only know they have "credits" at this point!

I hate deadspin. I also don't care about Rutgers Basketball. How is this a story.

Ask George O'Leary if embellishing the old CV can complicate one's job status.

That's different. Notre Dame demands integrity. Buttgers doesn't even know the meaning of the word.