OT: Sausage Bread / Rolls in Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

OT: Sausage Bread / Rolls in Syracuse

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Mrs. DCCuse & I were watching some foodie show today and they had on a cook who made a breakfast dish out of leftover sausage bread. Reminded me of the great sausage breads we used to always get when Gillette's supermarket was still open in Rome. Anyone have any suggestions of good places in Syracuse (or surrounding area) that has some good ones that I could buy? I know there are a ton of good Italian restaurants and delis in the area and wondering if anyone on here had any favorites. Thanks!

Happened to be in Nichols market in Liverpool the other day. They had lots of it though I don't know who made it or how good it is. Now I'll have to try some.:)

Happened to be in Nichols market in Liverpool the other day. They had lots of it though I don't know who made it or how good it is. Now I'll have to try some.:)
Nichols was the first to come to mind for me, granted I walk there for groceries but their store made food is always good.

Thanks. I was thinking that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mrs. DCCuse & I were watching some foodie show today and they had on a cook who made a breakfast dish out of leftover sausage bread. Reminded me of the great sausage breads we used to always get when Gillette's supermarket was still open in Rome. Anyone have any suggestions of good places in Syracuse (or surrounding area) that has some good ones that I could buy? I know there are a ton of good Italian restaurants and delis in the area and wondering if anyone on here had any favorites. Thanks!
My sister in law makes the best sausage bread in the world! Send me $5o cash and I will personally deliver.

I make it all the time..always use Gianelli Italian hot.

Reminded me of the great sausage breads we used to always get when Gillette's supermarket was still open in Rome. Anyone have any suggestions of good places in Syracuse (or surrounding area) that has some good ones that I could buy? I know there are a ton of good Italian restaurants and delis in the area and wondering if anyone on here had any favorites. Thanks!
As a former Roman, I also loved those sausage breads from Gilette's!!

Spirras in north syracuse.. Mazzies meats in liverpool.. Wegmans anywhere..lots of places really. Anypd yea..if you make it yourself always use gianelli hot or Basilios spicy...we arw damn lucky to have the 2 best sausages ever made both from greater Syracuse area.

I will yes. Mom was a professional chef so i can make just about anything you can think of.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Roll out dough, add sausage and cheese then put in the oven. :)

Lol...pretty much. You really need to let the dough completely rise and roll it out big time. I always put in some ham, sausage and some pepperoni as well as mozzarella cheese and hard boiled eggs chopped up. I also brush the inside of the dough with some olive oil and sprinkle some seasonings on the dough before i fill it.

You also have to roll it tight but so tight so you have the insides bust out the sides of the dough and tear it apart. You also dont want to roll it loosely so its all air and very doughy.

Sometimes i will brush some olive oil on the outside of it before baking it and sprikle some garlic salt lightly over it.

Is it bad that I'm 28 years old and didn't know sausage bread existed? Needless to say, I'm about a mile from Nichols, and will be stopping by there tomorrow to purchase some.

You're excused for not being of Italian descent.