OT - Sixers Draft Prospects | Syracusefan.com

OT - Sixers Draft Prospects

rstone7727

All Conference
Not a Sixer fan really but loved MCW's first year, likely ROY. I'm also not an NBA fan in general and you'll often find me bashing the NBA more than most folks bash TC.

I'd also make a terrible NBA GM but take a look at some of the names the Sixers will be exposed to in the draft this year. They have two 1st round and five 2nd round picks so they could field a pretty talented team next year with MCW, Nerlens and Thad Young already there.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

1) Jabari Parker PF
2) Willie Cauly Stein C
3) Mitch McGary PF
4) Jarnell Stokes PF
5) Devyn Marble SG
6) Markel Brown SG
7) Shabazz Napier PG

Thoughts?

Parker is the only one that intrigues me as an NBA player. And with him there's no D. The draft every year underwhelms me. NFL and NBA. I root for our guys to get good gigs, but the hyperbole about these guys when theres like a 10% hit rate is over the top.

Not a Sixer fan really but loved MCW's first year, likely ROY. I'm also not an NBA fan in general and you'll often find me bashing the NBA more than most folks bash TC.

I'd also make a terrible NBA GM but take a look at some of the names the Sixers will be exposed to in the draft this year. They have two 1st round and five 2nd round picks so they could field a pretty talented team next year with MCW, Nerlens and Thad Young already there.

1) Jabari Parker PF
2) Willie Cauly Stein C
3) Mitch McGary PF
4) Jarnell Stokes PF
5) Devyn Marble SG
6) Markel Brown SG
7) Shabazz Napier PG

Thoughts?
They could get a lot better in a hurry. TONS of cap space.

They could get a lot better in a hurry. TONS of cap space.
MCW is kind of an exception. His size combined with his ability gave him a big leg up in the NBA. I don't think its going to be that easy for ZZTyler unless he breaks out his long ball offense big time there. I'm going to be watching him closely to see right or wrong I am about him going early If I'm wrong and everyone is happy its all good.

Some of these picks could be used as trade bait. There will be other teams anxious to get some of the ones you mentioned and others.

I like for them a couple of bigs from the pool of Embiid, Randle, Vonleh, McGary. Jerami Grant 2nd round if they have patience to stash him for three years.

And then a couple wings from Markel Brown, Cleanthony Early, TJ Warren, Glenn Robinson.

Trade a pick for a veteran PG to spell MCW.

This sixers fan wants wiggins/Parker with first pick and Harrell with the second. Should be lots of great options with that pelicans pick.

This sixers fan wants wiggins/Parker with first pick and Harrell with the second. Should be lots of great options with that pelicans pick.
With the Jazz local I'm also hoping they land one of the Wiggins/Parker combo and will be able to pick up a decent rotation player with the pick they'll get from the Warriors.

Sixers probably won't even keep half the picks. They won't turn over 1/2 their roster either. 3 players is about what will stick.

NCAA All-Star team

I think they'd hit on one of those picks if they added Marble, Brown and Napier. Napier definitely has a place in the NBA.

76ers have a very bright future

MCW, Noel, Embiid and TJ Warren

1) Jabari Parker PF
2) Willie Cauly Stein C
3) Mitch McGary PF
4) Jarnell Stokes PF
5) Devyn Marble SG
6) Markel Brown SG
7) Shabazz Napier PG

Thoughts?[/quote]

The link in your thread is to a mock draft. Notice how the idiot who created the mock draft has the 76ers taking 3 centers. Obviously the person who created this mock draft did so while visiting Colorado. Aloha Mr. Hand!

RSTONE, your picks are a whole lot better than the mock draft link.
aloha.jpg

Last edited:

1) Jabari Parker PF
2) Willie Cauly Stein C
3) Mitch McGary PF
4) Jarnell Stokes PF
5) Devyn Marble SG
6) Markel Brown SG
7) Shabazz Napier PG

Thoughts?

The link in your thread is to a mock draft. Notice how the idiot who created the mock draft has the 76ers taking 3 centers. Obviously the person who created this mock draft did so while visiting Colorado. Aloha Mr. Hand!

View attachment 9934[/quote]

The mock draft pays no attention to team at the moment. It is merely a ranking of prospects... teams are shown where they would pick as of now.

Depends on where they pick. But if they get the #1 pick [in accordance with their lousy record], I'd go Wiggins.

Sixers probably won't even keep half the picks. They won't turn over 1/2 their roster either. 3 players is about what will stick.

They're keeping all of them, people aren't taking those 2nd round picks.

Anyways, first pick seems pretty heavily invested towards Wiggins. The 2nd pick, well, who knows. Depends on what the Pelicans do.

Yep, and keeping these guys is cheaper than signing veterans to fill the spots. I think they preserve cap room for trades and NEXT offseason.

Bingo, they're not signing anyone amazing with their cap space this season unless Lebron opts out or something.

Two guys nobody has mentioned in this thread (assuming Gordon declares) are Aaron Gordon and Noah Vonleh. Two very good players. Wiggins is wildly overrated imo.

Starters
PG- MCW
SG- Anderson, Wroten
SF- Thompson
PF- Young
C- Sims, Mullen, Noel

Picks
Round 1 Load up on SF Wiggins or Parker then Warren
Round 2 Young European prospects that mature in Europe.

Two guys nobody has mentioned in this thread (assuming Gordon declares) are Aaron Gordon and Noah Vonleh. Two very good players. Wiggins is wildly overrated imo.

Dream Sixers draft is Wiggins and Vonleh, but I doubt Vonleh is there at their second pick.

1) Jabari Parker PF
2) Willie Cauly Stein C
3) Mitch McGary PF
4) Jarnell Stokes PF
5) Devyn Marble SG
6) Markel Brown SG
7) Shabazz Napier PG

Thoughts?

View attachment 9934[/quote]

That's me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom