OT(sort of): NBA boxscore for all you stat guys | Syracusefan.com

OT(sort of): NBA boxscore for all you stat guys

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Here is one from Thursday night's Utah vs Portland game where the Jazz only won by six yet they had ten guys play at least 20:55 seconds and all finished with a positive +/-. Mathematically you wouldn't think it would be possible but they did have another player play 2:50 with a +/- of -2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012102526

Doesn't really tie in with the Cuse, but Boeheim could possibly go nine deep with everyone playing at least 15 minutes. Of course some are going to play 30 minutes, but hopefully all nine of our guys are ready to contribute in a positive manner. When I have time I will go through last years box scores and see how many times our rotation players all finished with a positive +/-, especially considering how we went deeper than in a lot of years.

Here is one from Thursday night's Utah vs Portland game where the Jazz only won by six yet they had ten guys play at least 20:55 seconds and all finished with a positive +/-. Mathematically you wouldn't think it would be possible but they did have another player play 2:50 with a +/- of -2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012102526

Doesn't really tie in with the Cuse, but Boeheim could possibly go nine deep with everyone playing at least 15 minutes. Of course some are going to play 30 minutes, but hopefully all nine of our guys are ready to contribute in a positive manner. When I have time I will go through last years box scores and see how many times our rotation players all finished with a positive +/-, especially considering how we went deeper than in a lot of years.
certainly in preseason

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

certainly in preseason

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Yeah in the pre conference against the cupcakes it's possible, but I'm not sure I'd really want that in the important games, and I'm sure JB won't do it. You want your best guys playing as many minutes as possible, and it's not like we play a full court pressing system that is going to tire our guys out.

Yeah in the pre conference against the cupcakes it's possible, but I'm not sure I'd really want that in the important games, and I'm sure JB won't do it. You want your best guys playing as many minutes as possible, and it's not like we play a full court pressing system that is going to tire our guys out.

I think once march comes everyone's benches get considerably shorter.

Doesn't really tie in with the Cuse, but Boeheim could possibly go nine deep with everyone playing at least 15 minutes.

I think it will be 8.

Starters--MCW, Triche, CJ, Rak, Coleman
Reserves--Cooney, BMK, Southerland

I'm guessing that Grant will get MCW type of minutes this year--not a knock on him, either--just that the players ahead of him in the frontcourt are going to make PT tough to come by this year. He'll be a very good player for us down the road--potentially even a three-year starter [and if not, he'll play a ton as a sophomore contributor].

And heaven forbid we have a backcourt injury...

I'm guessing that Grant will get MCW type of minutes this year--not a knock on him, either--just that the players ahead of him in the frontcourt are going to make PT tough to come by this year.

Even if he keeps growing at his current rate of 0.5 inch per week? How do you keep an 8 foot wing player on the bench?

I think it will be 8.

Starters--MCW, Triche, CJ, Rak, Coleman
Reserves--Cooney, BMK, Southerland

I'm guessing that Grant will get MCW type of minutes this year--not a knock on him, either--just that the players ahead of him in the frontcourt are going to make PT tough to come by this year. He'll be a very good player for us down the road--potentially even a three-year starter [and if not, he'll play a ton as a sophomore contributor].

I think you have it nailed. Don't see a lot of controversy out there this season regarding who plays. Like last year, there will be calls from the contrarians to get Grant more PT (like MCW last season).

Unless someone gets hurt, this is how it is going to play out.

Even if he keeps growing at his current rate of 0.5 inch per week? How do you keep an 8 foot wing player on the bench?

I dunno, he was looking pretty "6 foot ten" at MM ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom