OT - Stereo System Static...... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Stereo System Static......

newmexicuse

All Conference
I have a Yamaha RX770 two channel receiver with Polk Monitor 70 Floorstanding Speakers. The speakers are relatively new - 1 to 2 years old and I have re-cabled within the last year or two.

The system is only for listening to music so it is a very simple set-up & there is no home theatre attached.

The system sounds terrific for it's purpose and it's cost.

The only problem is that when it is turned on cold, I experience intermittent static for the first 15 to 20 minutes of listening.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the cold start static problem.

I have a Yamaha RX770 two channel receiver with Polk Monitor 70 Floorstanding Speakers. The speakers are relatively new - 1 to 2 years old and I have re-cabled within the last year or two.

The system is only for listening to music so it is a very simple set-up & there is no home theatre attached.

The only problem is that when it is turned on cold, I experience intermittent static for the first 15 to 20 minutes of listening.

Great observation! I completely agree. The length of our zone is much improved. As long as coleman and keita can anchor the middle, we should have one formidable defense.

In other words, what in the hell does your thread have to do with basketball?

Great observation! I completely agree. The length of our zone is much improved. As long as coleman and keita can anchor the middle, we should have one formidable defense.

Well he did put OT in the post...

Check for dust or loose connections.

Are you really going to be "that guy?" Pretty unnecessary comment in my opinion.

In regards to the initial post, I also have a Yamaha receiver that sometimes produces a static noise. I found the problem was mostly in the cable even though my cable is relatively new monster cable. If all else fails you may need to just give it a few minutes before you begin playing music.