OT: SU is featured on 60 Minutes tonight | Syracusefan.com

OT: SU is featured on 60 Minutes tonight

Syracuse hit pieces only come out at the beginning of season or the beginning of tournament. It's off-season now, so it's called journalism.

Did any of you guys see the lead story on 60 Minutes last night?

An American woman was working in Somalia doing charity work - she was teaching Somali children how to spot and avoid land mines. She was kidnapped by a terrorist group for ransom and held captive (outside in the desert the entire time) for three months. The U.S. government was monitoring the situation and learned that she had a urinary tract infection and if it went untreated she would die within a week or two. A SEAL team was sent in to rescue her, and everything went down flawlessly. At one point the rescue operation came under enemy fire, and the SEALs laid down on top of her to create a human shield.

Awesome stuff that could easily be a movie script.

An American woman was working in Somalia doing charity work

Imo, doing charity work in Somalia is akin to taking a cab to South Central LA, hopping out and asking if anyone has change for a twenty..

An American woman was working in Somalia doing charity work - she was teaching Somali children how to spot and avoid land mines. She was kidnapped by a terrorist group for ransom and held captive (outside in the desert the entire time) for three months. The U.S. government was monitoring the situation and learned that she had a urinary tract infection and if it went untreated she would die within a week or two. A SEAL team was sent in to rescue her, and everything went down flawlessly. At one point the rescue operation came under enemy fire, and the SEALs laid down on top of her to create a human shield.

Already a book and I agree that a movie can't be far behind. Pretty incredible story.

Imo, doing charity work in Somalia is akin to taking a cab to South Central LA, hopping out and asking if anyone has change for a twenty..

"rstone, where was this advice BEFORE I was violently kidnapped at gunpoint?!" -Lady on 60 Minutes

I didn't see it, but I need to. Lesson learned: get your urinary tract infection in your first week of captivity. (By the way, how the heck did they know she had one or what the prognosis was?) I need to check this one out.

I do know one thing: the very last thing you want to do if you are a third world military or terrorist unit is to badly outnumber and surround three or four Navy SEALS. It ain't ending well for you and several dozen of your homeys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom