OT: Syracuse.com Readership #s ? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse.com Readership #s ?

CA Monk

I'm Woke, But I'm Very Groggy.
Wondering if anyone knows how their paywall is working out. I think it’s a tough sell, especially considering it’s more than sports. But it is excellent local coverage. Any word?

Wondering if anyone knows how their paywall is working out. I think it’s a tough sell, especially considering it’s more than sports. But it is excellent local coverage. Any word?

Excellent question. In the print age, there used to be a pretty long lag time to get numbers like that. I imagine that's accelerated quite a bit in the digital age, and some here must know when details will emerge.

Does anyone know if you are paying for household access or just one log in access? With actual newspapers, the entire household shared one paper, is that true with their digital access?

Does anyone know if you are paying for household access or just one log in access? With actual newspapers, the entire household shared one paper, is that true with their digital access?

You can log into as many devices as you want. It's not Netflix.

Divo of the Rochester D&C used to show me some pretty cool stuff. He would know, real time, how many people were in a story.

I believe it was app based. And they were held responsible to meet certain quotas. It was a great tool to show them what resonated when it resonated.

I’m sure it could’ve done totals from subscribers & non for any given data range in addition to many other things.

They are asking too much. If they kept it to something like $5-10 a month I would have signed up. My reading habits have adjusted some.

I just use the Syracuse Football app. It doesn’t cost anything and I get all my syracuse football stories

I just use the Syracuse Football app. It doesn’t cost anything and I get all my syracuse football stories

Same with me. Football and basketball apps work fine for me. I do think it's important to support local news but agree that the price point is too much.

I haven’t seen the pop up to pay in a while I assumed they nixed that ?
Y’know it’s funny that way. Occasionally there’s an “expo” in the url prior to syracuse.com and I’m able to peruse articles w/o the syracuse.com iron curtain coming down telling me I must pay for further access. It’s inconsistent. Maybe you’re allotted so many free articles per week or something.

Same with me. Football and basketball apps work fine for me. I do think it's important to support local news but agree that the price point is too much.
You’re talking the “Cuse.com” app right - the university app and not syracuse.com?

You’re talking the “Cuse.com” app right - the university app and not syracuse.com?

No syracuse.com has a football and basketball app for the phone.

I've gotten the pop up a few times, but it's easy to get around it with releasing your IP address or if you have a VPN. Like others have said a bit to much the $5-$10 range is the sweet spot.

I haven’t seen the pop up to pay in a while I assumed they nixed that ?
I was thinking the same after not getting prompted to sign up in over a month.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I look at Syracuse.com every day withing paying. I do get a pop-up asking me to subscribe but I just close it and continuing reading the sports. Maybe I don't get the block because I'm not in New York. :confused:

They offered $10/month for life during the holidays. Maybe they'll do that promotion again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom