OT: Team USA Roster | Syracusefan.com

OT: Team USA Roster

RandygoCuse

All Conference
With injuries depleting the team, there aren't too many options. Here's who I would go with:

Starters
Chandler*
Durant*
Lebron*
Kobe*
Paul*

Reserves
Love*
Davis*
Carmelo*
Gordon
Williams
Westbrook*
Odom

I like Odom over Blake Griffin as I think his ability to play on the perimeter and pass will help more than Griffin would. Plus Odom's played with these guys before. I like Gordon over Harden, as I think we'll need Gordon's shooting. I've starred the nine guys I think will be in the regular rotation if Coach K goes with one. Arguments could definitely be made for other guys. Let me know what you think.

With injuries depleting the team, there aren't too many options. Here's who I would go with:

Starters
Chandler*
Durant*
Lebron*
Kobe*
Paul*

Reserves
Love*
Davis*
Carmelo*
Gordon
Williams
Westbrook*
Odom

I like Odom over Blake Griffin as I think his ability to play on the perimeter and pass will help more than Griffin would. Plus Odom's played with these guys before. I like Gordon over Harden, as I think we'll need Gordon's shooting. I've starred the nine guys I think will be in the regular rotation if Coach K goes with one. Arguments could definitely be made for other guys. Let me know what you think.

Iggy over Odom.

Injuries are happening so quickly, that the official team roster still contains Chris Bosh. Twelve players can be selected, which theoretically says only four of these will not be selected (unless someone is pulled in out of the blue to fill an identified need). With the injuries to Bosh, Wade and Howard, there are only 5 guys on this list who are returning from 2008 (Anthony, Bryant, James, Paul and Williams). That to me is an amazing statistic -- and suggests the team will have more work ahead of it ... than had been anticipated.

Carmelo Anthony
F
6-8
5/29/84
New York Knicks / Syracuse
Chris Bosh
F
6-10
3/24/84
Miami Heat / Georgia Tech
Kobe Bryant
G
6-6
8/23/78
Los Angeles Lakers / Lower Merion H.S. (PA)
Tyson Chandler
C
7-1
10/02/82
New York Knicks / Dominguez H.S. (CA)
Anthony Davis
F
6-10
3/11/93
N/A / Kentucky
Kevin Durant
G
6-9
9/29/88
Oklahoma City Thunder / Texas
Rudy Gay
F
6-8
8/17/86
Memphis Grizzlies / Connecticut
Eric Gordon
G
6-3
12/25/88
New Orleans Hornets / Indiana
Blake Griffin
F
6-10
03/16/89
Los Angeles Clippers / Oklahoma
James Harden
G
6-5
8/26/89
Oklahoma City Thunder / Arizona State
Andre Iguodala
G/F
6-6
1/28/84
Philadelphia 76ers / Arizona
LeBron James
F
6-8
12/30/84
Miami Heat / St. Vincent-St. Mary H.S. (OH)
Kevin Love
F
6-10
9/07/88
Minnesota Timberwolves / UCLA
Lamar Odom
F
6-10
11/06/79
Dallas Mavericks / Rhode Island
Chris Paul
G
6-0
5/06/85
Los Angeles Clippers / Wake Forest
Russell Westbrook
G
6-3
11/12/88
Oklahoma City Thunder / UCLA
Deron Williams
G
6-3
7/26/84
Brooklyn Nets / Illinois

Starters
Chandler*
Durant*
Lebron*
Kobe*
Paul*

Reserves
Love*
Davis*
Carmelo*
Gordon
Williams
Westbrook*
Odom

Why the asterisks? And if you gave them to everyone but one player, well, shouldn't that one player have been the one with the asterisk?

Only issue I see with this starting lineup is that Lebron will be guarding Power Forwards every game. He obviously can so it isnt that big of an issue but no way is Durant the PF if that what you meant by going Chandler-Durant-LBJ-Bryant-Paul.

Coach K is a huge Iguodala fan supposedly. Gotta think he finds a way on the team.

Also read this morning that Spain has a front line of Gasol, Gasol and Serge Ibaka. Not too shabby. The team will need some more bulk/height as well.

I'm a big Al Horford fan and think he would be a a solid back up at 4 and even the 5 at times. I would take him over Cousins.

Why the asterisks? And if you gave them to everyone but one player, well, shouldn't that one player have been the one with the asterisk?
The asterisks are the ones I think will be in the regular rotation (I referred to it as "starred" in my initial post). There are 3 w/o asterisks.

Chandler
Durant
James
Kobe
Paul

Deron
Westbrook
Gordon
Gay
Love
Carmelo
Griffin