OT: The Latest in the Mascot Wars: "The Hamsters?" | Syracusefan.com

OT: The Latest in the Mascot Wars: "The Hamsters?"

I really wanted them to go with Hamster if for no other reason than Amherst is an acronym. Plus, I think it works well for a small college.

I really wanted them to go with Hamster if for no other reason than Amherst is an acronym. Plus, I think it works well for a small college.

Anagram?

My favorite anagrams for RandygoCuse are -
A scorned guy
Orgy used can
Agony cursed
Saucy nerd go
Orca ends guy

(From wordsmith.org)
Now, I want to change my user name to Saucy nerd go

If I was chancellor at Amherst, I'd split it down the middle: Drop Lord Jeff himself because he was a homicidal racist . . . but The Amherst Bioterrorists would be an awesome nickname and sell tons of gear!

If I was chancellor at Amherst, I'd split it down the middle: Drop Lord Jeff himself because he was a homicidal racist . . . but The Amherst Bioterrorists would be an awesome nickname and sell tons of gear!
Good luck wearing one of their shirts getting on a plane.

As a Williams College alum, I think Hamsters is just fine for Amherst, but I agree that Bioterrorists is much better.

Two related stories: when Stanford changed its name from the Indians, they had a contest among the student body for a new mascot. The winner was: Robber Barons. Perfect. The trustees nixed that.

When Middlebury College (which is in Addison County, Vt.) named its athletic center some 30 years ago, the student body voted for Addison Square Garden. But the trustees nixed that, too.

The Evergreen geoducks from Olympia WA ( a geoduck is a gigantic slimy clam with a gross neck)

Capture.PNG

The Evergreen geoducks from Olympia WA ( a geoduck is a gigantic slimy clam with a gross neck)

View attachment 87010
Evergreen has no grades. Students receive evaluations, and so do the professors/teachers.
Had a girlfriend who was the head of their WashPirg chapter there.

It is the Goddard, VT of the West, but with a better mascot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom