OT: the way that CBS is handling these start times is a shame. | Syracusefan.com

OT: the way that CBS is handling these start times is a shame.

orangehomer

All American
so there are 8 games today, and 5 of them will tip after 6 pm eastern. yeah it is nice that cbs is putting the games on more channels, but they have ruined it by monopolizing one game at a time for 6 straight hours on sunday. I don't even mind it on Saturday, as much. but to do it on sunday is a joke. it's bad for attendance, it's bad for viewership and it is bad for the teams that have to play the sunday night games.

so there are 8 games today, and 5 of them will tip after 6 pm eastern. yeah it is nice that cbs is putting the games on more channels, but they have ruined it by monopolizing one game at a time for 6 straight hours on sunday. I don't even mind it on Saturday, as much. but to do it on sunday is a joke. it's bad for attendance, it's bad for viewership and it is bad for the teams that have to play the sunday night games.
I agree. They do it every year if you remember.

They've been doing it this way for years. And if it were bad for viewership, I would think they would change it.

They've been doing it this way for years. And if it were bad for viewership, I would think they would change it.
it can be both bad for viewership and good for advertising on cbs, plus they can put the talking clowns on tv for longer whereas everyone would just change to the other game if they could.

I used to take the Thursday and Friday of the first week of the tournament as vacation days, and I would watch all of the games. I'm not sure if it's the coverage, the quality of play, life circumstances, other reasons, or a combination of all of the above - but other than Syracuse games I don't think I've watched a full tournament game in the last four years.

Its criminal that they are starting a game at 940 on a sunday, and lets be honest it probably won't tip until 1o. They need to do a better job spreading these games out.

don't look for it to change as long as cbs/turner calibration continues

Its criminal that they are starting a game at 940 on a sunday, and lets be honest it probably won't tip until 1o. They need to do a better job spreading these games out.
at least that game is UCLA on the west coast and there always used to be a late game. I would point more at the duke/SC game that is 8:40 on the east coast, which is a joke, it should be at like 2.

No worries Rick, you can just DVR the episode of the Walking Dead tonight! ;)

at least that game is UCLA on the west coast and there always used to be a late game. I would point more at the duke/SC game that is 8:40 on the east coast, which is a joke, it should be at like 2.

It sucks if your a Cincy fan. 840 isn't awful, they need to spread these games out a lot better.

Hated this ever since they made us play Marquette in Cleveland at about 9:00 on a Sunday night. Ruined a good thing for a few more bucks.

There never used to be a late Sunday game. Sundays games used to wrap by the time 60 minutes was set to go off.

I remember watching the NBA finals on tape delay at 11:30 pm.

99qgb.jpg

I think it's fine.

If you think this is late, try watching the NBA Playoffs.
the nba playoffs are a different thing, it is a pro fan base plus they are all home games for one of the teams. these are neutral site games in god knows where. a few years ago if our sunday game in buffalo was at 7:40 I would have been like, meh see ya. noon was a little rough after trying to relive old glories, but you get the point.

I personally like the Sunday night games. They use to bunch them all up on Sunday and it would be all over by 7. The sunday is way more spread now.