OT: Thybulle For UW | Syracusefan.com

OT: Thybulle For UW

HuskyHooper

Walk On
Not sure how much you guys pay attention to Hop and Washington here, but have you guys seen what Thybulle is doing? He will likely be defensive player of the year. Have you guys ever had someone as effective as Thybulle at the top of your zone? He has 21 combined blocks and steals in his last two games. Here are his steal totals for his last eight games: 6, 6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 7, 5. He is likely going to break Gary Payton's all time career Pac-12 record for steals. If you haven't seen Thybulle play, try to catch a UW game soon. I know the Pac-12 sucks, but Hop has this team playing great.

I made a post yesterday about his defense, he is one of the best of not the best I've seen at the top of the zone. Kid is an amazing defender and if we had him we could easily turn a couple of our Ls into Ws.

I've only been able to watch parts of a few UW games and his defense is what they were talking about on the broadcast every single time.

Without regard to the level of competition in the Pac-12, Mike has turned the program around in 2 years. The crowd is loud, the players are hustling, and he has had a huge positive impact on the UW community. He's charismatic. The zone is working well with Thybulle leading the way as the OP gives kudos to. The offense struggles at times, but they have several scorers including the PF Dickerson. I think their ball-handling will be an issue against good defensive teams, with them struggling against a good press. I think a Syracuse - Washington NCAA matchup would be fun. East vs. west, mentor vs protege, and Battle vs. Nowell. What's not to like?

Without regard to the level of competition in the Pac-12, Mike has turned the program around in 2 years. The crowd is loud, the players are hustling, and he has had a huge positive impact on the UW community. He's charismatic. The zone is working well with Thybulle leading the way as the OP gives kudos to. The offense struggles at times, but they have several scorers including the PF Dickerson. I think their ball-handling will be an issue against good defensive teams, with them struggling against a good press. I think a Syracuse - Washington NCAA matchup would be fun. East vs. west, mentor vs protege, and Battle vs. Nowell. What's not to like?

It would be an amazing game, think it would be a battle till the end.

I think Syracuse has more talent but I think Washington plays better as a team and is far more active on defense.

I've only been able to watch parts of a few UW games and his defense is what they were talking about on the broadcast every single time.

Living on the west coast has allowed me to watch every game of theirs, watch more if you're able, they're a fun team to watch.

Not sure how much you guys pay attention to Hop and Washington here, but have you guys seen what Thybulle is doing? He will likely be defensive player of the year. Have you guys ever had someone as effective as Thybulle at the top of your zone? He has 21 combined blocks and steals in his last two games. Here are his steal totals for his last eight games: 6, 6, 5, 3, 5, 7, 7, 5. He is likely going to break Gary Payton's all time career Pac-12 record for steals. If you haven't seen Thybulle play, try to catch a UW game soon. I know the Pac-12 sucks, but Hop has this team playing great.

Without looking up his stats, Michael Carter-Williams was elite at the top of the zone and had a decent number of blocks, from what I recall. His length was formidable.

Without looking up his stats, Michael Carter-Williams was elite at the top of the zone and had a decent number of blocks, from what I recall. His length was formidable.

MT blocks more shots than Chukwu and Marek combined from the guard spot.

First guy I think of is MCW when I think of best zone defenders, this kid is right next to him when it comes to length, being active and a nose for the ball.

Matisse blocks shots better than MCW did, and it's not close.

I miss the days when our guards would routinely trap and get steals/blocks to set-up transition. It's been one of the things that has been sorely lacking in recent years.

It would be an amazing game, think it would be a battle till the end.

I think Syracuse has more talent but I think Washington plays better as a team and is far more active on defense.
They're more aggressive offensively as well I think, at least in some games. Would Mike try to run against us and keep our zone from getting set? I think Dickerson would have a good day against us. With our offensive issues, how would we attack the zone we know so well? Who would have more turnovers? I think the matchup could be one of the better potential outcomes for this season...

MT blocks more shots than Chukwu and Marek combined from the guard spot.

First guy I think of is MCW when I think of best zone defenders, this kid is right next to him when it comes to length, being active and a nose for the ball.

Matisse blocks shots better than MCW did, and it's not close.

In fairness to MCW though, he left after 2 seasons. We didn't get to see what he could do as an upperclassman, like we're seeing with Thybulle.

They're more aggressive offensively as well I think, at least in some games. Would Mike try to run against us and keep our zone from getting set? I think Dickerson would have a good day against us. With our offensive issues, how would we attack the zone we know so well? Who would have more turnovers? I think the matchup could be one of the better potential outcomes for this season...

I think this is one reason why Washington would beat us, they have multiple ways to exploit our weakness. They can run, and they have Dickerson who is one of those guys who just keeps getting fed against us who dunk in 20.

I think against their defense you see Marek at the free throw line, Hughes and Buddy shooting over the zone.

I want both teams to do really well and I love having a second team to root for, but I would love to see the matchup between Hop and JB only because I think it would be an amazing game and I think it would bring a lot of attention to the programs.

Not related to the OP but it's going to be interesting to see the coaching offers Hop will be getting the next few years. I'm not sure if he would leave UW with what hes already building out there but hes going to be getting some elite offers in the near future. Guy is a stud recruiter and a coach players want to play for.

I think this is one reason why Washington would beat us, they have multiple ways to exploit our weakness. They can run, and they have Dickerson who is one of those guys who just keeps getting fed against us who dunk in 20.

I think against their defense you see Marek at the free throw line, Hughes and Buddy shooting over the zone.

I want both teams to do really well and I love having a second team to root for, but I would love to see the matchup between Hop and JB only because I think it would be an amazing game and I think it would bring a lot of attention to the programs.
I think I'd rather play him this year than the next couple of years. Quade, Stewart, and other incoming players will make UW more formidable going forward...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom