OT: Tim Donaghy admits to fixing NBA games | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tim Donaghy admits to fixing NBA games

When this story broke in 2007 it was obvious the NBA was in full damage control mode. Not surprised in the least that Games were being fixed.

I find it hard to believe Donaghy is the only official in any of the major sports the past 30 years that’s ever fixed a game. I’ll go to my grave with the belief Dick Bavetta and Bob Delaney fixed the 2002 Western Conference Finals.

If Refs are doing some shady stuff don't expect it to be blatant... like on common game spreads. There are many more under the radar bets.

It will be more on Over/Under, Total First Quarter Points, those type of things.

I find it hard to believe Donaghy is the only official in any of the major sports the past 30 years that’s ever fixed a game. I’ll go to my grave with the belief Dick Bavetta and Bob Delaney fixed the 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Watching it live and being a big Chris Webber and Kings fan my jaw was on the ground the entire 4th quarter. Something was up.

I didn't even watch game 7 which was extremely rare for me because I knew the Kings didn't have a chance.

I can't be convinced that the 2012 East Regional championship wasn't fixed for Ohio State for one reason or another. That wasn't even like your run of the mill Pitt game. Something was up.

But in this case, I believe they probably had orders from up above. Not gambling motivated.
Kinda like ... "find a way to get this series to Game 7"

But in this case, I believe they probably had orders from up above. Not gambling motivated.
Kinda like ... "find a way to get this series to Game 7"

Wouldn't surprise me if that was an order from Stern. He was my least favorite commish before Goodell took over for Tagliabue.

Watching it live and being a big Chris Webber and Kings fan my jaw was on the ground the entire 4th quarter. Something was up.

I didn't even watch game 7 which was extremely rare for me because I knew the Kings didn't have a chance.

The refs did a miserable job fixing game 7 that series. I mean, Peja Stojakovic had a chance to give the Kings the lead with 10 seconds left. Unfortunately...

I can't be convinced that the 2012 East Regional championship wasn't fixed for Ohio State for one reason or another. That wasn't even like your run of the mill Pitt game. Something was up.

b/c of the whole Bernie fiasco the NCAA wanted SU nowhere near the Final Four. I'm half surprised SU got a call in their favor late in the UNC Asheville game.

The refs did a miserable job fixing game 7 that series. I mean, Peja Stojakovic had a chance to give the Kings the lead with 10 seconds left. Unfortunately...

Peja was the only guy on that team with any stone. Webber was running away from the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom