3. Omaha, NE-IA -- 8.3
4. Pittsburgh, PA -- 7.9
5. Toledo, OH -- 7.2
6. Syracuse, NY -- 7.0
7. Buffalo, NY -- 6.8
8. San Francisco, CA -- 6.0
9. Las Vegas, NV -- 6.0
10. Honolulu, HI -- 5.9
If you just extrapolated on a per person basis from traveling SU fans at bball games, we would be #1 &2

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Well, that's bars per capita...not actual drinking. I want to see the drinking ratings. Are we talking boilermakers? Or Appletinis here?

One thing I notice between NY and the Sunbelt. People in NY go to neighborhood bars and restaurants to hang out and socialize...you don't see that much down South.

That's nothing. Spring Break my senior year in Jamaica, they had college against college drinking competitions. We crushed every other school. It wasn't even a contest.

We're #1!

One thing I notice between NY and the Sunbelt. People in NY go to neighborhood bars and restaurants to hang out and socialize...you don't see that much down South.

Potential reason: cities in the South, e.g. LA, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc etc. are so sprawling and don't really have the urban core of older cities in the Northeast and Midwest, and don't usually have good mass transit. So geographically, people are much more separated.

Don't underestimate the effect that long cold winters have one's desire to polish off a case and stay-in for the night.

There are a lot of shift type working man cities on that list, older urban cores, stuff closer to each other. That doesn't describe Atlanta or Tampa much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom