OT: top number one picks since '85 | Syracusefan.com

OT: top number one picks since '85

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Interesting question put out by sportscenter. Rank them how ever you want: team success, individual success, global icons, etc. The list:

Duncan
Shaq
Webber
Ming
Iverson
Ewing
David Robinson
James
Howard
O'neal

For those nba fans out there. Don't forget lebron James is a coward.

James--all time great

Duncan--4 championships, all with same team

Shaq--several championships with two different teams, dominant big man of era during prime

David Robinson--foundational component of SA's transformation into a long term championship contender

Ewing--Dream team member and tremendously productive scorer, but failed to get NY championship

Howard--Too early in his career to make definitive call about how his career will be perceived

Ming--In terms of globalization, he belongs higher--but ultimately Houston took one on the chin having his career cut short by injuries, which knocks him down list

Webber--outstanding skill level who lived up to being a #1, but never won one

Iverson--gunner who couldn't co-exist with other complimentary players, and who's career path has devolved into a punchline

James--all time great

Shaq--several championships with two different teams, dominant big man of era during prime

David Robinson--foundational component of SA's transformation into a long term championship contender

Ewing--Dream team member and tremendously productive scorer, but failed to get NY championship

Howard--Too early in his career to make definitive call about how his career will be perceived

Ming--In terms of globalization, he belongs higher--but ultimately Houston took one on the chin having his career cut short by injuries, which knocks him down list

Iverson--gunner who couldn't co-exist with other complimentary players, and who's career path has devolved into a punchline
I think you are pretty spot on. The only change I would make would be moving Iverson ahead of Ming and Webber. I was never an AI fan, but he played fearlessly and I think he is a surefire hall of famer.

Shaq over Duncan

I think that's just a case of what have you done for me lately, but Duncan doesn't come close to Shaq's prime.

James--all time great

I think you are pretty spot on. The only change I would make would be moving Iverson ahead of Ming and Webber. I was never an AI fan, but he played fearlessly and I think he is a surefire hall of famer.

Agree about iverson. Top scorer of all time in his prime and under six feet.

I think I'd put CWebb over Yao, and maybe over D12 as of now. Those Laker/Sacramento series' in the early 2000's were great. If it wasn't for Kobe and Shaq, Webber might have 2 rings...

Bibby/Christie/Peja/Webber/Divac. Just a really really good team.

I sometimes laugh at how random this stuff can be. Some years the #1 pick is Lebron or Shaq or Duncan, and other years is Andrew Bogut or Andrea Bargnani.

I always go back and forth between Shaq and Duncan

I sometimes laugh at how random this stuff can be. Some years the #1 pick is Lebron or Shaq or Duncan, and other years is Andrew Bogut or Andrea Bargnani.

I always go back and forth between Shaq and Duncan

Speaking of which, why wasn't Bargnani included on this list?

I think I'd put CWebb over Yao, and maybe over D12 as of now. Those Laker/Sacramento series' in the early 2000's were great. If it wasn't for Kobe and Shaq, Webber might have 2 rings...

Bibby/Christie/Peja/Webber/Divac. Just a really really good team.

I think that Webber was a better player than Yao. I listed Yao higher due to his impact on the globalization of the NBA. As a player, having his injuries derail an otherwise promising career, he dropped on my list.

Had a tough time ranking Webber / Yao / Howard [who obviously is still playing, and his story hasn't been fully written yet].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom