OT: UCLA duo declare for draft | Syracusefan.com

OT: UCLA duo declare for draft

Per Jeff Goodman, Zach LaVine scored 8 points in his last 5 games and went 0-10 from beyond the arc...

Watching UCLA play last night..Anderson did not impress me. The only reason why he is getting attention is hes the only 6' 9 pg in the draft. And laVine? Didnt really notice him last night.

Im all for players declaring and getting paid but some of these guys are big reaches.

Watching UCLA play last night..Anderson did not impress me. The only reason why he is getting attention is hes the only 6' 9 pg in the draft. And laVine? Didnt really notice him last night.

Im all for players declaring and getting paid but some of these guys are big reaches.

Neither of those guys is a reach. In different ways, they're both freaks that the NBA loves. Anderson uses his big body better than forwards or centers his size and can get to the hoop in one long step from the foul line. He did it last night a few times. LaVine is crazy athletic, jumps out of the building and plays very, very, very fast. He's got a colossal upside.

as the board appointed drafr guru (atleast in my own mind)..

I love anderson, he needs to be drafted by the right team to maximize his potential. but i think career averages of 15-6-6 are realistic for him.

lavine is another story. right now hes a poor mans jr smith imo. uber athletic, can catch fire from deep. but lately hasnt shown his shooting stroke at all. ive seen in recent articles gms wanted lavine to go back for 1 more year. he was at one point a top 10 pick but right now hes bottom of the 1st rd

At least Tyler waited a few days before announcing. I gather from the article that it was known about Anderson but it seems like these guys couldn't wait to get out of there.

I haven't seen enough of LaVine to really comment on his upside, but I think Anderson can be a very solid pro. He's not a star, but he's the kind of guy every NBA team needs. His ability to handle and pass at his size makes him a very intriguing player. To me, he's like a (much) thinner Boris Diaw- a tall guy who can handle/pass as good as most guards.

Per Jeff Goodman, Zach LaVine scored 8 points in his last 5 games and went 0-10 from beyond the arc...
But he has such potential that the NBA can't wait to pay him millions to go play in the D league for 2 years...and then release him. That's why 75% of the franchises are losing money. Idiotic business model.

But he has such potential that the NBA can't wait to pay him millions to go play in the D league for 2 years...and then release him. That's why 75% of the franchises are losing money. Idiotic business model.
No way! The NBA is more amazing than ever!

From Forbes:

The average NBA franchise is worth (equity plus debt) $634 million, up 25% over last year. Collectively the 30 teams are worth $19 billion versus $400 million in 1984 when there were 23 teams.

Just saying...

lol at lavine, gimme a break. the kid can jump really high, how exciting. hes not even close to ready.

LaVine isn't ready but any idiot can see how fast he flies up and down the court. It's Wall-like, imo. Right now he just has the speed, length/size, handle.

Anderson is interesting. Plays under control much like Ennis. I think he has some sneaky quicks like Ennis. A PG who averages 15/8/7 is doing something right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom