OT: USF hires powerhouse Miami HS coach | Syracusefan.com

OT: USF hires powerhouse Miami HS coach

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Miami Central High head coach Telly Lockette is USF's new running backs coach, a Bulls source told CBS Monday afternoon.

The 37-year-old former standout running back at Miami's Northwestern High, who later was a Division I-AA All-American linebacker at Idaho State, joins new head coach Willie Taggart's staff and should help boost the Bulls' recruiting pull in the talent-rich Miami area.

"He will be able to get any kid out of South Florida that he wants," said South Florida-based rap icon Luther Campbell, the godfather of the Miami youth football scene. "Every coach down here will support him 100 percent. USF just made a power move."
Lockette led Central to the Florida State 6A title game three consecutive seasons and has cranked out FBS recruits over the past few seasons while leading the Rockets program to two state titles.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.../21811713/usf-hires-powerhouse-miami-hs-coach

Apparently he'll also be able to get 2 Live Crew to perform at USF whenever he wants as well.

Not sure you want a character as notorious for breaking NCAA rules as Luther Campbell lurking around the program...

Not sure you want a character as notorious for breaking NCAA rules as Luther Campbell lurking around the program...
What? I don't believe there is any evidence that Luther Campbell is anything but a fine, god-fearing man with unquestionable morals. Or was that Glen Campbell?

The only way South Florida is getting any kid they want is if Florida, FSU and Miami don't want them. I know they've beat out those schools in some cases but the vast majority have gone the way of the big 3.

It certainly won't hurt recruiting, but USF plays in a horrible conference. As some of said, they will be 4th or 5th in line for Florida kids in their own state, not including all the other big time program who recruit down there. Whatever

USF is smart.

Sent using my Commodore 64

What? I don't believe there is any evidence that Luther Campbell is anything but a fine, god-fearing man with unquestionable morals. Or was that Glen Campbell?
Malik Campbell

Not to mention he is in a conference of total chaos! To think the Big East upper eschelon teams are now USF and UCONN with U of L on the move next season, what choice did the program really have? Got to keep up with UCF after all! Oh Lord

If he ends up being a stud recuiter, he won't be at USF very long.