OT- Utica's Will Smith | Syracusefan.com

OT- Utica's Will Smith

Whoa, I played football against him in highschool. Never been hit so hard in my life. He single handedly romped us. Really sorry to hear about this. Such an unnecessary thing to happen.

I went to New Hartford and had a track meet against him. He was unbelievably talented. RIP.

OttoinGrotto said:
Whoa, I played football against him in highschool. Never been hit so hard in my life. He single handedly romped us. Really sorry to hear about this. Such an unnecessary thing to happen.

Horrible. I played pop warner for three years with him. Shocked is an understatement.

We played against him in basketball in high school. He was a highly rated basketball player as well...crushed us. After the game I saw him leaving the gym with his crew and tried convincing him to goto SU (he had already committed to OSU at this point). Needless to say, he wasnt buying any of it.

Where did you play HS ball?

Potentially more to the story now. Will Smith had a loaded handgun in his car. The facts are still unfolding but there's a chance that this was a heated confrontation on both sides as opposed to Smith being the 100% victim.

We played against him in basketball in high school. He was a highly rated basketball player as well...crushed us. After the game I saw him leaving the gym with his crew and tried convincing him to goto SU (he had already committed to OSU at this point). Needless to say, he wasnt buying any of it.

Me too! I didn't tell him to go to SU. Probably because he was a man and I was a boy, and I just tried not to get run over on the court.

Potentially more to the story now. Will Smith had a loaded handgun in his car. The facts are still unfolding but there's a chance that this was a heated confrontation on both sides as opposed to Smith being the 100% victim.

Just the media doing what they do. Him having a gun in his car is irrelevant, lot of people do, especially millionaire potential targets. Will was 100% the victim...he's the one who got murdered.

Just the media doing what they do. Him having a gun in his car is irrelevant, lot of people do, especially millionaire potential targets. Will was 100% the victim...he's the one who got murdered.
And Smith rear ended the guy and took off. Hardly a capital offense though.

And Smith rear ended the guy and took off. Hardly a capital offense though.

Haven't brought myself to watch the footage that exists yet, but from what I heard it was such a minor tap that it wouldn't even qualify as a fender bender.

Haven't brought myself to watch the footage that exists yet, but from what I heard it was such a minor tap that it wouldn't even qualify as a fender bender.
Either way obviously no reason to shoot the guy. One initial report may fall into the coincidence category. Supposedly Smith was leaving a meal he shared with a cop who had shot and killed his brother years before.

I'm going to withhold judgement until all the facts emerge and all witnesses are interviewed.