OT: War Memorial will have a new name by Friday night | Syracusefan.com

OT: War Memorial will have a new name by Friday night

Eric15

Living Legend

I completely understand that selling naming rights is an easy way to bring in much needed revenue, but there was something so beautifully simple about "War Memorial." Hopefully it's nothing too cheesy like "The Bed Bath & Beyond War Memorial."

I completely understand that selling naming rights is an easy way to bring in much needed revenue, but there was something so beautifully simple about "War Memorial." Hopefully it's nothing too cheesy like "The Bed Bath & Beyond War Memorial."

Please let it be the Carrier War Memorial.

tenor.gif

It's Huuuuuuuuuggggggeeeee!!!!

So does Crouse get the naming rights for the Dome now, as the “official hospital of Syracuse athletics”? They’re the odd man out when it comes to naming rights in the area.

I love the new name. Love it. Just rolls off the tongue!

Easy one for jingles too!
“Upstate Medical University Arena at the Onondaga County War Memorial,"
or
"the UMUA" for short?

Healthcare in America baby!

I know where I'm going to get my Upstate medical needs taken care of moving forward! The place with their name on the War Memorial! Money well spent! Sayonara back-alley butchers!

I was never comfortable with Onondaga County War Memorial. I mean everyone knows there was never a war in Onondaga County.

First off, no one calls it Upstate Medical University.

Second of all, why do they need to advertise? What possible purpose can it serve? Everyone in the area knows Upstate exists and that it is a hospital. It has been there for quite some time.

Thirdly, this is a horrible waste of money spent by an institution that loses massive amounts of money every year. How in the world can this be acceptable? The people making these decisions need to get fired and spend the rest of their time in jail, contemplating their sins and planning how they can make it up to the public, whose trust and money was thrown away for no reason.

Last edited: