OT: Who feels bad for Dave Pasch | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who feels bad for Dave Pasch

rocfan44

All Conference
How did he get stuck with Bill Walton? Bill Walton is out of control. He sounds so much like Jessie Ventura and is very confrontational. You can hear the dislike and tension between these two.

I think Pasch hated it at first but has run with it since. they are the odd couple. and they make it work.

How did he get stuck with Bill Walton? Bill Walton is out of control. He sounds so much like Jessie Ventura and is very confrontational. You can hear the dislike and tension between these two.
You beat me to it.
Don't feel that tension but Walton ABSOLUTELY sounds like Jesse Ventura.
I keep waiting for him to say something like, "McMahon...Dylan Brooks is omnipotent. He's knocking' on heaven's door tonight."

At the end of the first half

"Nobody gives a better half time interview than Sean Miller. What a force of nature, what a spiritual pillar"

I think they get along quite well.

At the end of the first half

"Nobody gives a better half time interview than Sean Miller. What a force of nature, what a spiritual pillar"

I think they get along quite well.
I think they get along well as well. there is a special place in heaven for dave.

I think the "tension" is very manufactured. Pasch has to return Walton to this plane of existence periodically but it is a well polished schtick at this point.

The ucla - Arizona game was insane to listen to. Sportcenter went back to bill after the game, and it was the weirdest 5 minutes I've ever seen on TV

In other news, Pretty sure I have alcohol poisoning. Not sure how I made it to my workshop this morning. Freaking San Diego

I live on the wc but I haven't watched Walton/pasch much. Based on tonight, I like that they focus on the game and the energy that Walton brings in unmatched. He's over the top with his "conference if champions" and metaphors but I think it's fun. I'm sick of announcers who start talking about other teams or leagues or basically anything else during live action. I prefer the radio style I guess.

ESPN's play-by-play guys are often Abbott to their color man's Costello.

Abbott-Costello.jpg

I can't watch a Walton game. Luckily, it saved me money tonight. I liked Oregon, but I just refuse to listen to him call a game. To each their own, but he's so obnoxious to me.

The only time either of them got upset with each other is when Pasch argued evolution with Walton.

My life isn't complete until I see Bill Walton and Gary Busey have a 1-on-1 conversation.

Walton is the only color analyst who talks more than the play-by-play guy.

How long ago did ESPN put Dick on the SEC tourney? I guess I've never noticed before this year. I hope he eventually retires with dignity instead of being relegated to mid-major games out of pity.