OT: Who Joins the Catholics in new League? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who Joins the Catholics in new League?

OrangeBlood

Starter
I would imagine that they would want at least 10 teams. A-10 seems to be most likely to get raided.
St. Joes and Xavier seem to be automatic.

Then who is the last?
Do they want to stay all catholic? If so I would assume St. Louis or Creighton
Or do they go best available small private school? If that is the case I would imagine they would pick Butler.

Thoughts..

I think Creighton would be on the short list as well (big budget, good attendance, great arena). Kind of a long road trip for them, but if they add St. Louis as well it wouldn't be too bad. Maybe go East/West at 12 teams. St. Joes might be a hard sell to Nova.

East
Gtown
Nova
Prov
Seton Hall
St. Johns
VCU/Mason/Dayton/Other?

West
Marq
Depaul
St. Louis
Creighton
Butler
Xavier

I think Creighton would be on the short list as well (big budget, good attendance, great arena). Kind of a long road trip for them, but if they add St. Louis as well it wouldn't be too bad. Maybe go East/West at 12 teams. St. Joes might be a hard sell to Nova.

East
Gtown
Nova
Prov
Seton Hall
St. Johns
VCU/Mason/Dayton/Other?

West
Marq
Depaul
St. Louis
Creighton
Butler
Xavier

I like line up. I'll throw out a dark horse candidate for #6 in the Eastern Division, however. How about Loyola of Maryland? I believe they won the MAAC last year and were runner up in NCAA men's lacrosse. Puts the New Big East in Baltimore, a prime recruiting town.

East
Gtown
Nova
Prov
Seton Hall
St. Johns
VCU/Mason/Dayton/Other?

West
Marq
Depaul
St. Louis
Creighton
Butler
Xavier

Very solid list. It will be interesting to see if they stay all catholic or go for best programs. Loyola of Maryland would be interesting but is there budget large enough?