OT: wilbekin | Syracusefan.com

OT: wilbekin

orangehomer

All American
I'm thrilled for florida that the guy magically survived 2 suspensions. I'm blown away that it is either glossed over by the media or completely ignored. if it were a Syracuse player this issue would warrant up front coverage as a part of every game, and would be mentioned at least 3-4 times per broadcast.

Billy Donovan is shady...has been since his Marshall days with White Chocolate.

OP:

It gets mentioned every game.

And it was highlighted in the SI piece on the Gators last week.

For what it's worth, he smoked pot. Big deal. He didn't threaten a woman, didn't commit academic fraud (Fab/Southerland), didn't steal (MCW), didn't get into a brawl (Devendorf). He smoked pot. And he served his penance; five game suspension & has to live at home with his parents.

Last edited:
smoking pot is why he got suspended? thats it? WHO CARES

OP:

It gets mentioned every game.

And it was highlighted in the SI piece on the Gators last week.

For what it's worth, he smoked pot. Big deal. He didn't threaten a woman, didn't commit academic fraud (Fab/Southerland), didn't steal (MCW), didn't get into a brawl (Devendorf). He smoked pot. And he served his penance; five game suspension & has to live at home with his parents.

Based on the length of the suspension, it appears that was his 3rd positive test.

Florida: (1) none; (2) 10 percent of games; (3) 20 percent of games; (4) 50 percent of games; (5) dismissal.
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/20/fanhouse-report-bcs-football-program-drug-policies-revealed/

Wether people consider marijuana a big deal or not, the fact of the matter is that at most schools he'd either be gone or at least have a one year suspension.

smoking pot is why he got suspended? thats it? WHO CARES

I believe pot is illegal in the state of Florida and on the UF campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom