OT: World cup bracket challenge on ESPN.com | Syracusefan.com

OT: World cup bracket challenge on ESPN.com

kirbivore

2019 Cali Award (Passing Yards)
The other sports board doesn't get as much traffic, so I'll post this here as well. If anyone is interested I've set up a group on ESPN. Pick your world cup bracket for board bragging rights!

Group name: syracusefan.com
Password: JB1000

I am in. It is the only way I can get into it. Maybe it is just where I live in the Baltimore suburbs but this is the greatest amount of attention the WC has ever gotten. I am amazed at how many kids I see walking around with Man U, Chelsea, Barca and Real jerseys. Around here, I see more soccer than baseball jerseys. Maybe part of it is the fact that the Orioles have not been consistently good for a long time. At the rec league, soccer seems to be the king of all sports-sort of like what the NFL is at the pro level. It could just be where I live but it is so different from when I was a kid.

Cuse13078 said:
soccer, no comment!:bang:

Typical comment from someone who most likely doesn't have a clue about the sport. There's a reason why it's the world's most popular sport.
Soccer is pretty cool if you give it a chance.

I'm not a soccer fan.

However I'd love bragging rights over you fools.

I only watch soccer during the world cup, the only thing I know is brazil is pretty good, and I always root for italy.

It wasn't until I filled out one of these brackets that I remembered that not only do we have Portugal and Ghana in our group, we also have Germany.

It really, really sucks that we are in this absurdly difficult group of death. Just, for the record.

And my pick, by the way, was Brazil over Argentina in the final.