OT wow, Sean Payton suspended for the year | Syracusefan.com

OT wow, Sean Payton suspended for the year

Yeah they got hammered. From Rotoworld
Saints coach Sean Payton has been suspended for one year for his role in the "bounty" scandal.
Commissioner Roger Goodell brought the hammer down, as expected. Perhaps just as debilitating, the Saints will lose second-round picks in each of the next two years. GM Mickey Loomis has been suspended eight games and fined $500,000 while the franchise has been fined an additional $500,000. Assistant coach Joe Vitt is suspended six games, likely leaving DC Steve Spagnuolo as interim head coach. OC Pete Carmichael gained valuable experience calling plays during the team's explosive late-season run, though the harsh discipline removes the Saints as favorites in the NFC South this season.Mar 21 - 12:48 PM

What does suspending the GM for 8 games do? Also, how do you enforce it? He can't go to the games and sit in the owner's box? What's to keep him from sitting in the stands in cognito?

I think he got off easy. Paying people to injure someone is criminal behavior.

What does suspending the GM for 8 games do? Also, how do you enforce it? He can't go to the games and sit in the owner's box? What's to keep him from sitting in the stands in cognito?

I was thinking the same thing. No idea what that means.

Seems a bit excessive. I don't remember the Bills defense ever hitting anyone when Williams was the coach.

I was thinking the same thing. No idea what that means.

Seems a bit excessive. I don't remember the Bills defense ever hitting anyone when Williams was the coach.

They were warned. Disobeyed the warning. RG dropped the hammer.

Not saying I agree, but if you cross RG after he warns you, he is going to come down hard.

Again...pro football in the college basketball forums.

Gotta love it.

Not surprised. Knew Goodell would drop the hammer.

LOLOLOLOL

I've always thought Sanchize stunk but why would you do this to him if you're not going to get rid of him?
Now the Over/Under on Tebow chants is about 5 minutes into the home opener.
Not that it bothers me. LOL Jets.

Instead of 8 cocktails and 2 live lapdances, he gets Mic Ultra and a photo of Adele.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom