OT - write your own scouting report | Syracusefan.com

OT - write your own scouting report

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I missed most of today's game playing in a rec league basketball game. I took last season off, and two games in my ankles have held up.

My game however has not.

After scoring three points on 1 of 2 shooting (in your face Cooney), corraling two rebounds, getting an assist and turning the ball over once and committing two personal fouls I thought it might be fun to write a scouting report of my game. I invite any of you that feel so inspired to also contribute.

OttoinGrotto - Small for a shooting guard, but useless anywhere else on the floor. NBA range shooting deep threes, college range making threes. Can be effective making a set shot in rhythm. Good shot selection, has a concept of setting picks and screens to facilitate the offense, but due to size limitations is not particularly effective doing so. Right handed player; poor at driving to his left. Also poor driving to his right. Turns it over consistently when pressed. Extremely uncomfortable converting shots at the rim. Giggles after missing layups. Non-existent instinct cutting to the rim. Unable to comment on free throw shooting - was last fouled taking a shot or in a bonus situation circa 2005. Surprisingly competent passer. Statue on the pick and roll, both offensively and defensively. Provides next to nothing in the way of rebounding. Lacks the lateral mobility to defend effectively. Spirit is willing to defend, but flesh has suffered bad ankle sprains. Terrible hands, often gambles for steals at mid court with little to no return on the effort. His propensity to block the occasional shot is an outright mystery. Exhibits the rare ability to pollute the talents of those around him, both teammate and opponent alike. Good chemistry guy if teammates are able to not think about the unadulterated vacuum of talent a player like OttoinGrotto brings to a squad. Probably does not have a future in coaching.

jekelish - decent size for a lead guard at 6-2, but lacks the lateral quickness or desire to actually play anything resembling defense to play the position at a high level. Inconsistent jump shot, particularly from deep. Tends to a be a bit lazy with the dribble, but has strong court vision and is a good passer. Decent finishing around the basket and possesses a good stroke from the free throw line, but exhibits a tentativeness to look for his own shot. Seems to sleepwalk through games at times, and doesn't rebound his position particularly well, largely because his vertical leap has gone from mediocre to minimal with age. Right handed and does not like to go to his left, and when he does his dribble with his left it most closely resembles an angry pimp slapping a hooker who owes him money. A lot of money. Defensive liability who is drunk on the court more often than not.

edowd: A 6'1" PF in rec league action. Face up 4 man, offensively he'll rarely be on the block unless he goes to crash the boards. Decent O rebounder, good defensive rebounder due to longer wingspan and an above average vertical. Blocks a lot of shots in the lane, solid man to man defender. Offensively he can handle the rock and distribute like a lead guard but isn't a real threat to score outside of 4 feet. Can nearly dunk, perhaps if he could palm the ball. Knows his limitations, won't take many shots. A good mid draft selection in a pick up game.

The Enzyme (my streetball handle, cause I'll break you down) - I'm 5'6'' and straight up handle the rock. Great quickness and speed taking it to the hoop, a killer first step. Most players have to play a good 7 feet off of me. A shooter, you know a ringer when you see one. 3 point, mid range, and floater. Can drive left or right, and can change any direction. I have a "point guard" mentality and always look for the open teammate. Will get you open looks due to my driving ability and collapsing the defense. I'm the type of person who can run with the ball as fast as without it.

Negatives - I have the hops of a beached jellyfish. The only way I can somewhat resemble a jump shot is off the dribble. Can't elevate and shoot at all if standing still. Due to my size its difficult to get my shot off which is why I prefer dishing. Not enough experience playing against other people. Every pick up game I've ever played has had that one selfish ball hog that takes 90% of the shots so I don't like playing them. Would probably have to join a league someday to get something that resembles organized basketball more. I tend to play to my competition defensively.

Marsh01. Loves to drink pbr during the game. Will at the drop of a hat. Dont play pick up anymore because i am afraid to get hurt for golf season. Was a helluva rebounder back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marsh01. Loves to drink pbr during the game. Will d uconn at the drop of a hat. Dont play pick up anymore because i am afraid to get hurt for golf season. Was a helluva rebounder back in the day.

whats your 'cap?

whats your 'cap?
Index is 4. Had it down to a 2 3 years ago. My goal is to get it back there this year.

Index is 4. Had it down to a 2 3 years ago. My goal is to get it back there this year.

where do you play?

Great track. Love the beav