OT: X games | Syracusefan.com

OT: X games

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Some sort of crazy snow mobile stunts off a ramp going on right now live on ESPN. Dude loses control and sled gets away as they both fly over the ramp. Sleds throttle stuck on, thing flies into the crowd area, some sort of sling device slows it down but looks like it may have hit a couple of people, one still being tended. Near total disaster. Crazy .

Who thinks doing flips on snowmobiles is a good idea? My god I know my parents are glad I don't do stuff like this haha.

Who thinks doing flips on snowmobiles is a good idea? My god I know my parents are glad I don't do stuff like this haha.
The name changed finally happened, nice!

Still no idea what it really means though :eek:

seriously right. Crazy this stuff. Just a matter of time til someones seriously hurt or worse.

As an aside your new handle, might that be Hamilton in your handle you refer to? Bunch of us on here surprisingly.

The announcers act if the snowmobile flying towards the crowd is no big deal.

The name changed finally happened, nice!

Still no idea what it really means though :eek:

seriously right. Crazy this stuff. Just a matter of time til someones seriously hurt or worse.

As an aside your new handle, might that be Hamilton in your handle you refer to? Bunch of us on here surprisingly.

My intramural basketball and football team name my senior year at Syracuse ('11-'12) was Go HAM (Go 'hard as a motherf...). We lost a combined one game, the lone loss being without 3 starters on our bball team, on our way to both championships (t-shirts to prove it).

The slogan turned into a catch phrase amongst myself and friends, and we have jerseys with the phrase on it that we used for basketball. Naturally, Go HAM also was used on drinking nights. And yes, we went HAM.

the snowmobiler who almost died/still in ICU happened thursday night.
they thought he just had a concussion. he got up and walked from the scene with some help. they took him to the hospital as part of standard procedures of a concussion during the xgames. after some tests, it was found he had bleeding around the heart. fortunate they caught it. however, i believe they found another complication of bleeding in his brain and he continues to be in ICU

interestingly enough, his brother broke his pelvis (i believe) a couple jumps later in the same event.

happens about the 1:20 mark

OK, I want to start a new X-Game. Full Contact Archery. Dude, it'd be so friggin extreme.

My intramural basketball and football team name my senior year at Syracuse ('11-'12) was Go HAM (Go 'hard as a motherf...). We lost a combined one game, the lone loss being without 3 starters on our bball team, on our way to both championships (t-shirts to prove it).

The slogan turned into a catch phrase amongst myself and friends, and we have jerseys with the phrase on it that we used for basketball. Naturally, Go HAM also was used on drinking nights. And yes, we went HAM.

Shouldn't it be HAAM? Lemme guess, VPA major? :)
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Chemical Engineering :eek:

tumblr_mewccdB9aM1rea86go1_500.gif

And yet Obama complains about football and I think it's kind of funny they have the X games going on and yet worry about football injuries. I'm sure skiing has never had a anyone die while skiing or these skate or snow boarders and snow mobile guys drinking their dinners out of a straw for the rest of their lives.

And yet Obama complains about football and I think it's kind of funny they have the X games going on and yet worry about football injuries. I'm sure skiing has never had a anyone die while skiing or these skate or snow boarders and snow mobile guys drinking their dinners out of a straw for the rest of their lives.
What's the difference between Skiing and Snowboarding? Personally I ski but I think both are equally dangerous, you're still doing the same thing when yo go down a mountain...

What's the difference between Skiing and Snowboarding? Personally I ski but I think both are equally dangerous, you're still doing the same thing when yo go down a mountain...

I wrote that poorly and was trying to include all of the above as more dangerous than football and the irony of those games being played right now while there is a discussion regarding the safety of football.

That said, they should have the best available equipment for football for players along with giving the players all the information possible regarding any findings health wise along with not threatening their jobs if they don't man up and go back onto the field or worry about the fear being cut.

I wrote that poorly and was trying to include all of the above as more dangerous than football and the irony of those games being played right now while there is a discussion regarding the safety of football.

the extreme sports are infinitely more dangerous. my neighbors kid is 20 years old now and he's broken just about every bone in his body racing moto-x dirt bikes and spent numerous nights in hospitals. He's not even a trick rider, just regular dirt bike racing.

These X-game sports are extreme for a reason, they're death defying. There's a very real chance you can die every time you jump. Skateboarders have been paralyzed and a BMX bike rider died a few years ago I think. The chic doing regular down hill skiing died a couple of years ago.

The snowmobiling is insane. The other night I saw one guy catch his front ski on a back flip, crash and the sled rolled on top of him. He walked away from it nothing wrong.

The next rider also crashed on landing a back flip, he looked like he should've been fine - but was clearly writhing in pain and ended up with a broken pelvis. Then I read the dude above in the ICU is his brother. wow. These two brothers are from Texas to What are they doing on snowmobiles.

And Phat that's the thing, those sports are a personal choice to compete in. Are these guys going to sue the X games for not making this safer for them? Again, there are many ways for football to make it safer like the things I mentioned above.

Funny you should post this. I was watching the Knicks game last night on ESPN and all I kept seeing was how many people were have been injured, severly during these X Games on the ticker. Two brothers hurt themselves badly, someone had a fractured spine and brain injuries. Complete madness.

Funny you should post this. I was watching the Knicks game last night on ESPN and all I kept seeing was how many people were have been injured, severly during these X Games on the ticker. Two brothers hurt themselves badly, someone had a fractured spine and brain injuries. Complete madness.
and if I'm not mistaken its all with the stupid snowmobile stunts. New rule: no more flip allowed with 450 lb. machines that can crush your spine in seconds.

Some sort of crazy snow mobile stunts off a ramp going on right now live on ESPN. Dude loses control and sled gets away as they both fly over the ramp. Sleds throttle stuck on, thing flies into the crowd area, some sort of sling device slows it down but looks like it may have hit a couple of people, one still being tended. Near total disaster. Crazy sh .

No idea why he was even allowed to participate. Dude had only 4 hrs experience with a snowmobile, and he goes on national tv and could have killed someone?

Then, he goes and throws a little fit when he just misses his trick on the next attempt. Ultimate fail for him and the people at X games.