other ACC teams in pre-conf action | Syracusefan.com

other ACC teams in pre-conf action

I went to Duke's win over NW Missouri State Friday night. Coach K likes to open against the defending Div 2 national champ. I only remember one of these games (Drury, about 4 years ago) being competitive.

This one was not competitive. Duke won by 30. Its hard to take much from the game, but I'll offer up a couple observations that might be of interest to this board.

Jordan Tucker was the last guy to get off Duke's bench - after Jack White - after preferred walk-on Jordan Robinson. He played around 3 minutes and took 2 shots, both 3's that were well short. One barely drew iron. Maybe there were circumstances to explain why he played so little in this game, but I can't imagine he gets in the rotation this year.

Grayson Allen scored at will. No surprise there. He's such a talented offensive player.

Bagley and Carter Jr? Whatever. Both hit a 3. Carter had two nice low post moves - one a jump hook and the other a power move, but both came against 6'7 Div 2 players. I was impressed that Carter is much thicker than Bagley. Both will probably be great pro's one day, but will they win games in March? Who knows.

I think if Duke wins games this March, it will because of Trevon Duval. But he did nothing spectacular in the game.

Gary Trent Jr displayed a nice mid range game. He hit 3 or 4 jumpers.

Duke played big. Coach K had 3 bigs on the court throughout much of the game, particularly when Bagley was in there. Interesting to see whether that continues.

Josh Okogie, GT's best all-around player, suffered compound fracture in finger against Georgia State. Bad break (no pun intended) for GT.

I went to Duke's win over NW Missouri State Friday night. Coach K likes to open against the defending Div 2 national champ. I only remember one of these games (Drury, about 4 years ago) being competitive.

This one was not competitive. Duke won by 30. Its hard to take much from the game, but I'll offer up a couple observations that might be of interest to this board.

Jordan Tucker was the last guy to get off Duke's bench - after Jack White - after preferred walk-on Jordan Robinson. He played around 3 minutes and took 2 shots, both 3's that were well short. One barely drew iron. Maybe there were circumstances to explain why he played so little in this game, but I can't imagine he gets in the rotation this year.

Grayson Allen scored at will. No surprise there. He's such a talented offensive player.

Bagley and Carter Jr? Whatever. Both hit a 3. Carter had two nice low post moves - one a jump hook and the other a power move, but both came against 6'7 Div 2 players. I was impressed that Carter is much thicker than Bagley. Both will probably be great pro's one day, but will they win games in March? Who knows.

I think if Duke wins games this March, it will because of Trevon Duval. But he did nothing spectacular in the game.

Duke played big. Coach K had 3 bigs on the court throughout much of the game, particularly when Bagley was in there. Interesting to see whether that continues.
Ha

Josh Okogie, GT's best all-around player, suffered compound fracture in finger against Georgia State. Bad break (no pun intended) for GT.
I love that he is still wearing the bottom half of his GT uniform!

Bowman will put up some crazy numbers this year. Not surprised at all about Tucker

Grayson Allen must’ve left his talents in Durham last season instead of bringing them to the Dome.

I love that he is still wearing the bottom half of his GT uniform!

With blood on the shorts and a hole in the leggings. Must have gotten after it in that game!

BC would appear to be improved over last year. Their backcourt is very good (how is Robinson still there? feels like his 7th year)
2017-11-12_1347.png

How's your brand now Tucker?

Wow, what's up with Virginia Tech? 111 and 132 points in their first two games? They switch to the Grinnell offense?

Wow, what's up with Virginia Tech? 111 and 132 points in their first two games? They switch to the Grinnell offense?
also giving up boatloads of points

Just watched 2nd half of uva - vcu...
uva picked up good non-con road win by 9, but was not impressive to me - was a 3pt game under 4min to play. Their defense really struggled with an iffy vcu team and Guy is really their only guy who can create anything - and they're soft on the inside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom