Other Cuse Boards/Writers | Syracusefan.com

Other Cuse Boards/Writers

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I enjoy this board a ton. It is the most popular board for Cuse fans. temery has been great behind the scenes and lets Cuse fans pretty much run it. Our recruiting boards are some of the best out there. Frankly, we offer more inside info than any other free board I have ever seen.

However, there are other boards and writers out there. It might be nice to compile a list for folks. Please add some more.

Syracuse.com is everyone's go to for articles. I support them with a $5.99 monthly subscription. I've seen offers as cheap as $5.00 a month.

Mike McAllister has moved on from 24-7 to SI sports and writes good articles. He still has recruiting connections so his insights there are excellent Maven

Stephen Bailey has taken over at 24-7. He brings beat writer chops. He is getting up to speed on recruiting
They are offering over the next two days a 50% off annual membership. You get a week free to cancel. It comes to $75.00 a year. This is usually the best offer of the year. Best known for the recruiting news over there for VIP members. Additionally, you get a bonus subscription to CBS The board forum is the 2nd best one I've seen for Cuse fans. Many familiar faces over there but also some new ones too. I highly recommend supporting them. www.cusenation.com

Rovils is a mess right now. Basically a dead board. Our fan base isn't big enough to support two or three different pay boards along with a large Indy board. Kinda of a zero sum game. Either 24-7 or Rovils can be #2 and the other is dead. www.cuseconfidential.com

OrangeFizz is interesting. It was started by national CBS sports radio commentator D.A. (Damon Amendolara). He employs a lot of younger guys from Newhouse and usually has nice recruiting articles along with insights. History of The Fizz – Orange Fizz – Free Syracuse Recruiting News
Always worth reading and it is good to support another Indy board.

NunesMagician.com was a thing of beauty when Sean Keeley (the founder) was regularly writing. Often it mixed great humor with a does of actual Cuse news. I check in for articles often. The comments to articles and interview articles with other teams' writers are some of the best things about the website. Head writer, John Cassillo does great reviews on craft beer. Their podcasts are usually very good. www.nunesmagician.com

The Athletic has a Cuse dedicated writer Matthew Gutierrez. I joined with a subscription. The articles are excellent...just wish there were more. Not sure I will renew www.theathletic.com

What others out there? Writers, Blogs, radio shows????

There are a couple of good Fb groups, Orange state of mind, and Orange Empire. Mccallister and some other insiders post on there.

I enjoy this board a ton. It is the most popular board for Cuse fans. temery has been great behind the scenes and lets Cuse fans pretty much run it. Our recruiting boards are some of the best out there. Frankly, we offer more inside info than any other free board I have ever seen.

However, there are other boards and writers out there. It might be nice to compile a list for folks. Please add some more.

Syracuse.com is everyone's go to for articles. I support them with a $5.99 monthly subscription. I've seen offers as cheap as $5.00 a month.

Mike McAllister has moved on from 24-7 to SI sports and writes good articles. He still has recruiting connections so his insights there are excellent Maven

Stephen Bailey has taken over at 24-7. He brings beat writer chops. He is getting up to speed on recruiting
They are offering over the next two days a 50% off annual membership. You get a week free to cancel. It comes to $75.00 a year. This is usually the best offer of the year. Best known for the recruiting news over there for VIP members. Additionally, you get a bonus subscription to CBS The board forum is the 2nd best one I've seen for Cuse fans. Many familiar faces over there but also some new ones too. I highly recommend supporting them. www.cusenation.com

Rovils is a mess right now. Basically a dead board. Our fan base isn't big enough to support two or three different pay boards along with a large Indy board. Kinda of a zero sum game. Either 24-7 or Rovils can be #2 and the other is dead. www.cuseconfidential.com

OrangeFizz is interesting. It was started by national CBS sports radio commentator D.A. (Damon Amendolara). He employs a lot of younger guys from Newhouse and usually has nice recruiting articles along with insights. History of The Fizz – Orange Fizz – Free Syracuse Recruiting News
Always worth reading and it is good to support another Indy board.

NunesMagician.com was a thing of beauty when Sean Keeley (the founder) was regularly writing. Often it mixed great humor with a does of actual Cuse news. I check in for articles often. The comments to articles and interview articles with other teams' writers are some of the best things about the website. Head writer, John Cassillo does great reviews on craft beer. Their podcasts are usually very good. www.nunesmagician.com

The Athletic has a Cuse dedicated writer Matthew Gutierrez. I joined with a subscription. The articles are excellent...just wish there were more. Not sure I will renew www.theathletic.com

What others out there? Writers, Blogs, radio shows????

Hmm I'm paying $10 per month for Syracuse.com. Not a big deal, but I guess I missed the cheaper offer. But this is a really good list.

What happened to the grove?

Hmm I'm paying $10 per month for Syracuse.com. Not a big deal, but I guess I missed the cheaper offer. But this is a really good list.
I think the the $10/month deal is for access to the entire paper, while the $5.99/month off is only for access to the SU sports articles. They call it their Orange Insider subscription. Though I think it is actually currently $7.99/month.

I think the the $10/month deal is for access to the entire paper, while the $5.99/month off is only for access to the SU sports articles. They call it their Orange Insider subscription. Though I think it is actually currently $7.99/month.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I will have to look into that and see if I can switch. While I try to keep up the local news in my hometown, the SU sports articles are my main interest.

Those other sites are good for info but this site plus the radio shows I call into are enough of an outlet for me.

Here is how I did it:

When you see an offer get posted on the board. You most likely will have to cancel your higher priced subscription first. Wait a day or two and call with the new offer. Their customer service wasn't very user friendly 18 months ago when I got the lower rate.

Black Friday is coming up...fingers crossed maybe they offer a deal

Tom, it says I have unlimited access to everything.

looks like there has been no new activity on the site in a while, some random stuff on a Twitter page
Lots of great people to follow on Twitter. From writers to fans to current coaches to current players and to former players. Lots of great and fun stuff. Some even like to follow 16 year olds. But I think you do need to draw the line there.

There are a couple of good Fb groups, Orange state of mind, and Orange Empire. Mccallister and some other insiders post on there.

Speaking of Facebook groups. Bayside44 and I are administrators for "Fans of the Cuse".

Any regular want to join in as an administrator? Hit me up. You basically have to approve new members. It is a pretty tame board. I only deleted one post ever...we let most stuff through. With new members: you just need to read their FB profile and make sure they are a: Cuse fan, have NE connections or a sports fan in general. We do get a couple fake profiles a month looking to SPAM.

As an administrator you also should try to add stories and start threads.

Neil Adler at Inside the Loudhouse submits regular content (sorry I missed Neil above)

Syracuse Football: Game time, TV, Radio and more vs. Louisville

Our board is also the unofficial home for the local Syracuse Express Semi-Pro Football team too.

When the pay side first started for syracuse.com there were a couple of $5.99 offers out there. That's what I pay and I have unlimited access like Mark. It was when everyone and their brother was incredulous that syr.com could have the gall to charge. The backlash created the $5.99 campaign for a short while

When the pay side first started for syracuse.com there were a couple of $5.99 offers out there. That's what I pay and I have unlimited access like Mark. It was when everyone and their brother was incredulous that syr.com could have the gall to charge. The backlash created the $5.99 campaign for a short while
Yup...hopefully Black Friday brings out the XMas spirit from the Newhouse Bunch.

I dumped Facebook last April, and Twitter a few weeks ago. The latter has been harder, but overall, it's way more peaceful. Too much divided noise that you can't ignore.

I did pay a 247 subscription to follow Bailey around. Made me feel a little bit like a pimp stalker, but so what, shut up.

I wish I would have know about 247 tied with CBS all access would have done that awhile ago, great deal.

I am not sure what you got but there is definitely an Orange Insider subscription available now for $7.99. If you got access to everything for $5.99, you got a really nice deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom