Other recruiting news - Goins to MD | Syracusefan.com

Other recruiting news - Goins to MD

I was on the fence about this kid all year. I just have this gut feeling that we would be happier if he had verballed before Parsons (if that situation was possible). I think Parsons is either going to start at some point in the middle... or he isn't. Not a whole lot of grey area, for me at least. Whereas Goins could end up stepping right in for Diabate in a very specific role early, or be an instant impact player on specials, or perhaps even become a safety.

Phew, dodged a bullet there.

I was on the fence about this kid all year. I just have this gut feeling that we would be happier if he had verballed before Parsons (if that situation was possible). I think Parsons is either going to start at some point in the middle... or he isn't. Not a whole lot of grey area, for me at least. Whereas Goins could end up stepping right in for Diabate in a very specific role early, or be an instant impact player on specials, or perhaps even become a safety.
There has been some talk that Parsons does not even have an offer from us. Not sure what to believe at this point?? :noidea:

Well, we can't say our performance on the field blew it for us here.

I don't see this as a big loss. The kid is 5 9 playing with a hand down as a DE. He would have to transition to LB. SU already has a bunch of young linebackers on campus and has 5 linebackers coming in. If staff told Neal and Walls there wasnt room why would there be room for Goins.

Sorry guess Maryland was recruiting him as a running back. I wonder what position Syracuse was recruiting him at.

This means we need to go after RB George Morris from Georgia now. I think Morris is a better RB than Goins.

This means we need to go after RB George Morris from Georgia now. I think Morris is a better RB than Goins.
Neither kid had an impact on the other. Goins wasn't an RB prospect for us and I'm glad MD offered because I did not want this kid.