Other than turn overs tempo is the key for us | Syracusefan.com

Other than turn overs tempo is the key for us

kcsu

Living Legend
Based on a few comments and interviews it seems as if McDonald is going to play a brand of ball that might be even faster than what we went with last year. If that is the case i really think that we can wear these guys down. Pstate is big upfront but not deep. If we can push the tempo we may get the upper hand. Stay away from turnovers and gas the heck out of them.

On D you have to think that we are going to turn up the heat. Frosh QB good lB's that can all run and cover the TE's and our best and deepest secondary in a long time. Keep everything in front of us. Make the frosh beat us with long drives and we should be fine. The more i think about this game and call me crazy because i am i think that if any team is going to romp it is us. Sure i could see Pstate beating us 7 out of 10 times but i cant see them beating us badly. On the other hand if we catch a few breaks i could see us running away with this thing. Make them play from behind get up 10 and let the dogs run!

If we're gonna play fast, we need sustained drives or else it could backfire and kill our defense if PSU can sustain.

If we're gonna play fast, we need sustained drives or else it could backfire and kill our defense if PSU can sustain.
Not sure i agree as we played very fast last year and didnt have the depth that we have on D this year. The secondary is not going to be a problem. Plenty of fresh interchangeable legs. LB is pretty deep as well as i believe we can count on the two jucos to play if needed for a series or so. Up front we can rotate Sloan Bromley Crume Big John Walsh Johnson Trej Mic and sugar bear, 9 guys. We have depth on D we have depth at RB and WR. We are going to stay fresh i say run the heck out of them

Exactly... Play uptempo but with a steady dose of Rome and PTG, lots of short passing to RBs, AB and Beckett, move the chains...

up tempo is great until you dont get first downs. Fresno looked good last night playing fast then struggled for 20 min and let Rutgers take control. lucky for then they got it back.

we dont make chunk plays so we better get first downs..

up tempo is great until you dont get first downs. Fresno looked good last night playing fast then struggled for 20 min and let Rutgers take control. lucky for then they got it back.

we dont make chunk plays so we better get first downs..
Exactly right. This was my point above.

Not sure i agree as we played very fast last year and didnt have the depth that we have on D this year. The secondary is not going to be a problem. Plenty of fresh interchangeable legs. LB is pretty deep as well as i believe we can count on the two jucos to play if needed for a series or so. Up front we can rotate Sloan Bromley Crume Big John Walsh Johnson Trej Mic and sugar bear, 9 guys. We have depth on D we have depth at RB and WR. We are going to stay fresh i say run the heck out of them
All I'm saying is we better get first downs or else our defense is going to be on the field for long periods. We might have a lot of capable guys on D, but it's the offense that usually puts points on board.

Let's face it we don't know what to expect! All we know is that we are deeper than anytime in recent memory - the rest is in the hands of the football Gods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom